Home

NBA Elite 11 Hands-On Preview with Control Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Hands-On Preview with Control Screenshots within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
love this. check out these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPCUNxGfizA

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/06/first-impressions-nba-elite-11/1?csp=34tech&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-TechTopStories+%28Tech+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #26
Rookie

MrSimCity's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
another good read though it was hard to get a read on his personal feelings from his experience. i hope to see more info throughout the day though. Elite is seeming more and more like a great step for basketball games in general.
. Is there anything you'd like me to shed some further light on?

Personally, I thought it has great potential, the reason I love stick controls over buttons is the amount of variety that could be mapped to the sticks as opposed to buttons. In these sports games that release annually, depth and variety can go a long way.

It will be interesting to see how the dribbling and shooting work well together in the final version. I found it easier to make shots placing the face of my thumb on the bottom of the right stick - as opposed to having it directly on top of it like I do when dribbling.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
Banned

Nike Fattz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Elite 11 Hands-On Preview with Control Screenshots

Great read. I'm excited about the possibilities, and the idea that stick skills will actually matter in a basketball simulation is supremely satisfying.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSimCity
. Is there anything you'd like me to shed some further light on?

Personally, I thought it has great potential, the reason I love stick controls over buttons is the amount of variety that could be mapped to the sticks as opposed to buttons. In these sports games that release annually, depth and variety can go a long way.

It will be interesting to see how the dribbling and shooting work well together in the final version. I found it easier to make shots placing the face of my thumb on the bottom of the right stick - as opposed to having it directly on top of it like I do when dribbling.
thanks. that right there gives me more hope. not that its needed because as most can tell by my name which game im getting. but really though how did you feel about defense because the other info we have says there were problems but he played in may and you played at e3. did you see the same things.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Any clue if the RS dribbling control will be "absolute" or " relative" to player movement?
Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #30
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Its absolute
Old 06-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #31
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
right now have only have 2 concerns:
1. The controls seem like they are going to take awhile to adjust to i just hope that they are responsive and not too complex. With all the different movements on the stick, variations applied with LT/L2, and (from what i understand) having to do quarter circles to perform layups and dunks it could be difficult to fully grasp all the controls and options you have at your disposal. I do have to say that i love the amount of control and options that EA is giving the player. I guess this is more of a concern for myself having to relearn how to play a basketball game, i just dont want to be in the middle of a game and have to keep pausing because I forget how to play. The pass button change will take some getting use to, especially since i dont play nhl games; however i like what it allows for the face buttons, really adds some more control and depth. Wonder how they will be used for defense, maybe for once basketball games won't be over powered on offense.

2) I hope ball handlers and shooters are not over powered in the game. I hope mastering these controls doesn't result in being able to just break down the defender continuously with players such as wade. Same goes for shooters. They say that shooting is based on skill so will getting someones shot down mean that I will be able to hit every shot with them, even with a hand in my face, just because I know how to shoot with a certain player.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game to see how much of a positive effect the innovations have on the game. I am also curious to see what 2k's response will be to these changes. What will their new control scheme be? Will they have some type of physics engine?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 1
With EA's Track record, you guys should wait a little longer, instead of bouncing off walls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »