Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #17
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Dynasty Phone Call Video (EA Sports)

He took points from VT! Anger.

Seriously, though, that system looks great.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #18
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I dont know if USC belongs on that list. The other Cali universities you mentioned are FAR better, esp Cal and Stanford.
Cal isn't really far superior to USC. Of course Stanford is superior, and the argument could be made that Cal is better. The only school that clearly doesn't belong on that list is Baylor. I would also include Duke, Boston College, Rice, and Wake Forest.

It astonishes me sometimes how people underestimate the academics at USC, you'd think half of the people from around where I live think it's just some state university about like Oklahoma.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I love the new recruiting. In past years it was waaay to easy now there are other elements that are going into it. I love how the convo is random and in season promises. Thats going to help build the 1* programs
Old 06-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #20

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I like the conversation being random too...It's like the recruit is leading the call/asking the questions instead of the other way around and it puts more difficulty on the user.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #21
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
The "recruiting cheeser" in me (okay, I admit it) is sad that I can't have direct control on the flow of the conversation like I did last year. However, I'm also incredibly excited because of how much more of a challenge this is going to make building up a 1* school.

Though I admit I used it last year in my offline dynasty (yes, I regret it ), it does suck that you could spam two-three good recruit patches for 3 hrs (or more sometimes) to land recruits in the matter of a couple of weeks. With a 60 minute limit and not having choice over every single pitch, this should be lots of fun .
Totally with you on this one. It was FAR too easy getting the top recruiting class every year. Even did it in ODs spamming hard sells to their very high my A/A+. So many points doing that. So easy.

I'm liking everything but the visible points. You shouldn't know exactly how many points you got. I didn't know recruits said "Hey coach, you just gained 93 interest points from me, bring you up to 1248. You're 57 behind some other school!" I find that just stupid.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #22
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
"Hey coach, you just gained 93 interest points from me, bring you up to 1248. You're 57 behind some other school!" I find that just stupid.
This. Only issue I have with this new system. I love the random topics, but the points just seem stupid to me. I hope theres an option to hide them. If there's not I'll eventually get used to it. It's just frustrating that they brought a little realism away from recruiting.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #23

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

We'll just have to learn to subconsciously ignore the points somehow. I really hate the mathematics of the game's recruiting system being revealed to the user.

What's next, are they going to show the percentage of likelihood that a WR is going to catch or drop a pass in the play select screen?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

i guess im in the minority of not minding the mathematics being there for recruiting. for me at least, gone are the days of being "full bar'd" and in 2nd/3rd place and recruiting a guy very hard with my best pitches and not ever moving up a notch, but not knowing why or being able to tell just how hard the cpu is going at him as well. all i see it as is an extension of the interest bar....to give u a more detailed reference point and take out the guesswork or head scratching when something happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »