Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Pistol

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Pistol within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9
NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Pistol

Anthony White has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covering the Pistol offensive style.

Quote:
"Pistol -- The Pistol combines elements of the one back offense with those of the shotgun based spread offense. The quarterback aligns 3 yards behind the center as opposed to the 5 to 6 yards he would align in a normal shotgun formation. The halfback aligns directly behind the quarterback at a depth of 7 yards (See Figure 1). With this setup the offense can run traditional downhill running plays and play action passes that are synonymous with the I formation and it gives the quarterback the benefit of being in the shotgun for regular passing plays. This offense was originated by the current head coach at Nevada and has been a staple of their program for several years now."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Offensive Style; Pistol Ea Blog

Very cool, thanks for the heads up
NHL: LA Kings
Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

My question is which playbooks have some pistol in them, even if the teams do not run the pistol offense. I guess the main reason I am asking is because I just want to know if a pistol formation will be in Michigan's playbook because they broke it out a few times last year...

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
My question is which playbooks have some pistol in them, even if the teams do not run the pistol offense. I guess the main reason I am asking is because I just want to know if a pistol formation will be in Michigan's playbook because they broke it out a few times last year...
Here ya go...
Quote:
Over the past few years several teams have used the Pistol as part of their offensive package as it is becoming more and more prevalent in the college game today. Some of these teams include Ohio State, Louisiana State, Florida State, UCLA, Illinois, Baylor and the last two National Champions Florida and Alabama.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Hey, you beat the OS guys to it! lol but thanks! Will check it out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

So irritating...this is why EA needs to put in custom playbooks.

Ohio State ran the pistol A COUPLE TIMES in 2008. EA then put it in there playbooks for the 2010(2009) game. They didn't run the pistol once last year for real.

So what do the brain surgeons at EA do? They put it in again. Does anyone ever actually watch college football over there?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotsII
So irritating...this is why EA needs to put in custom playbooks.

Ohio State ran the pistol A COUPLE TIMES in 2008. EA then put it in there playbooks for the 2010(2009) game. They didn't run the pistol once last year for real.

So what do the brain surgeons at EA do? They put it in again. Does anyone ever actually watch college football over there?

Ageed! My only complaint with the blog is that it is pretty difficult for me to read shou;d be black on white, not grey on white, silly EA :P
Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotsII

Yeah, they totally should have watched every Ohio State game last season just to make sure they did or did not run the pistol lol......I don't blame them for putting it in again honestly. They can't watch every game of every team. I'm sure they just assumed that since they ran it a bit in 08 then they would have ran it a bit in 09...Not a huge deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »