Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

A big thank you to everybody who made this possible. I'm looking forward to start my Padres franchise!

Be sure to check out my Padres franchise daily!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is this the file that's called OSV4ReRated?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

What did you guys use to rate defense? Every advanced statistical system has Bobby Abreu as one of the five worst right fielders in baseball since 2008 (one of ten worst outfielders in baseball, period), but he's one of the top-rated defensive right fielders in this set.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
Rookie

These are great rosters. Thanks so much guys!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #21
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

I wanna thanks you guys so much, these rosters are amazing and so worth the wait
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #22
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal G.
What did you guys use to rate defense? Every advanced statistical system has Bobby Abreu as one of the five worst right fielders in baseball since 2008 (one of ten worst outfielders in baseball, period), but he's one of the top-rated defensive right fielders in this set.
These are from Bahnzo's DB. I get where your coming from because I suffered through Abreu's defense while he was here but I sort of understand where it's coming from. How many OFers drop fly balls on a routine basis. Not many. The fielding rating mainly comes from fielding percentage. It's his reaction that should suffer. I'll have to take a look at what I set him at when inputting him. It's possible that we overlooked bumping him downwards in that category. Also in real life it's not thy he misplays a ton of balls it's more his lackadasical approach when playing his position and lack of getting to balls he should get to.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
These are from Bahnzo's DB. I get where your coming from because I suffered through Abreu's defense while he was here but I sort of understand where it's coming from. How many OFers drop fly balls on a routine basis. Not many. The fielding rating mainly comes from fielding percentage. It's his reaction that should suffer. I'll have to take a look at what I set him at when inputting him. It's possible that we overlooked bumping him downwards in that category. Also in real life it's not thy he misplays a ton of balls it's more his lackadasical approach when playing his position and lack of getting to balls he should get to.
Got it. His arm is still excellent, but his range is what kills his defensive rating. By John Dewan's +/- and UZR, the only outfielder that has cost his team more runs by his range since 2008 is Brad Hawpe, who we all know is a DH.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #24
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Well let me know when to start on franchise file, I was starting last night and got a PM from Strut about someone adding the missing players like Mike Lamb. Are these guys being added or not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »