Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #17
Rookie

IIIISICKNESSIII's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

No I'm only complaining that there's now a huge skill gap now between cafs from before and any caf made from here on out and also that you cant tell the diference untill you are already in a match and the super caf is beating the crap out of you. honestly it makes me not want to even finish my heavyweight now because he wont even compare to any heavyweight made pre patch. it also makes me not want to fight online with anything other than my super caf at least that way it will either be fair for me if im fighting a super caf or unfortunately not fair for anyone without a super caf. Be honest what would you do?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIISICKNESSIII
No I'm only complaining that there's now a huge skill gap now between cafs from before and any caf made from here on out and also that you cant tell the diference untill you are already in a match and the super caf is beating the crap out of you. honestly it makes me not want to even finish my heavyweight now because he wont even compare to any heavyweight made pre patch. it also makes me not want to fight online with anything other than my super caf at least that way it will either be fair for me if im fighting a super caf or unfortunately not fair for anyone without a super caf. Be honest what would you do?
Ok I gotcha, my mistake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Guys would be a lot easier for Tank if we post what system we have the game on as well. That way he can determine if it is on both systems or just an isolated problem on one system, which you know can really speed up the patch process if they know exactly what system to test it on.

This is for the 360 version - strictly offline

Now for me.........I was able to submit Anthony Johnson with Hazlett 3 out of the 10 times I fought him this morning. The other 7 times I simply KO'ed his butt in the 2nd round with kicks and knees to the body.

Far as subs go, for the guys with high sub offense, subs are easier then it was before. Not way easier, but easier.

I wish you guys could really address the leg kicks issue. Leg kicks should do permanent damage that a person could clearly see with their own eyes. I mean when I play as a muay thai fighter, my leg kicks should do 5 times more damage then a BJJ guy or wrestler guy leg kick. And when I kick at a guy leg, landing 3 solid hard kicks, he should be limping and trying to protect that leg.

After 10 or more leg kicks, that guy movement, punch power, leg sub defense should be reduced by 35%. I mean you know in MMA fighters who are good at submissions would attack a particular part of the body over and over again to soften that part of the body up, then come 2nd round that would attack that injured part with a sub. Whether it be a leg lock if they attacked the legs repeatedly or an arm bar if they peppered that guys arms with leg kicks and he constantly blocked them. Look what Aldo did against Faber. He kicked Faber legs so much that Faber speed and punch power got cut in half.

Which brings me to another thing. In real life, there is no way you can constantly block leg kicks with your arms without it being severely damaged or broken as the rounds go on. I mean look at the Franklin & Lidell fight. Franklin arm got broken from blocking leg kicks.

One more thing.........put some sweeps in from the ground. This is suppose to be like real MMA right ? Well in real MMA people can sweep from guard. That is the whole purpose of using butterfly guard is to sweep from the bottom. Same thing with rubber guard, rubber guard just isn't to hold your opponent, it is used to sweep from the bottom as well. Same thing with kimura's from the bottom, people use the kimura to sweep as well. Sweeps are part of MMA.

Sure the fail proof please everybody way to go about things would just be add a sub, KO and stamina slider for the user and cpu. Granted I could understand why THQ would be hesitant to do it because some programmers and developer egos would be stepped on.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
Rookie

IIIISICKNESSIII's Arena

I totally agree with you about the sweeps from rubber guard and butterfly guard. In the 09 version last year you could do a major transition from rubber guard to full mount, now in 2010, you have to reverse their transition attempt to get the sweep. I was devastated when I realized that I couldnt sweep from rubber guard w/o doing a reversal. That alone almost made me take the game back, because 1 - it's not realistic, no you dont see guys doing it very often in the ufc but it is none-the-less a real jui jitsu move that can be executed. 2 - That completely negates the point of learning rubber guard or jui jitsu in general. In MMA jui jitsu IS the dominant grappling technique and by removing sweeps like that you level the playing field so much that wrestlers and judo guys are now almost MORE dominant than jui jitsu guys. It also sucks when you get the cpu in rubber guard and they don't even try and transition out of it usually leaving you there looking like a jackass while all you can do is hit them in the face over and over untill the ref stands you both up after like 10 seconds [which is also ********]
Anyway I agree I hope they either add those sweeps back in with a patch or at least bring them back for next years version.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIISICKNESSIII
2 - That completely negates the point of learning rubber guard or jui jitsu in general.
This I disagree with.

Pull-Guard -> Rubber Guard -> let AI stupidly waste 1/2 their energy throwing punches -> gogoplata for submission of the night award.

RG is very useful in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Guys would be a lot easier for Tank if we post what system we have the game on as well. That way he can determine if it is on both systems or just an isolated problem on one system, which you know can really speed up the patch process if they know exactly what system to test it on.

This is for the 360 version - strictly offline

Now for me.........I was able to submit Anthony Johnson with Hazlett 3 out of the 10 times I fought him this morning. The other 7 times I simply KO'ed his butt in the 2nd round with kicks and knees to the body.

Far as subs go, for the guys with high sub offense, subs are easier then it was before. Not way easier, but easier.

I wish you guys could really address the leg kicks issue. Leg kicks should do permanent damage that a person could clearly see with their own eyes. I mean when I play as a muay thai fighter, my leg kicks should do 5 times more damage then a BJJ guy or wrestler guy leg kick. And when I kick at a guy leg, landing 3 solid hard kicks, he should be limping and trying to protect that leg.

After 10 or more leg kicks, that guy movement, punch power, leg sub defense should be reduced by 35%. I mean you know in MMA fighters who are good at submissions would attack a particular part of the body over and over again to soften that part of the body up, then come 2nd round that would attack that injured part with a sub. Whether it be a leg lock if they attacked the legs repeatedly or an arm bar if they peppered that guys arms with leg kicks and he constantly blocked them. Look what Aldo did against Faber. He kicked Faber legs so much that Faber speed and punch power got cut in half.

Which brings me to another thing. In real life, there is no way you can constantly block leg kicks with your arms without it being severely damaged or broken as the rounds go on. I mean look at the Franklin & Lidell fight. Franklin arm got broken from blocking leg kicks.

One more thing.........put some sweeps in from the ground. This is suppose to be like real MMA right ? Well in real MMA people can sweep from guard. That is the whole purpose of using butterfly guard is to sweep from the bottom. Same thing with rubber guard, rubber guard just isn't to hold your opponent, it is used to sweep from the bottom as well. Same thing with kimura's from the bottom, people use the kimura to sweep as well. Sweeps are part of MMA.

Sure the fail proof please everybody way to go about things would just be add a sub, KO and stamina slider for the user and cpu. Granted I could understand why THQ would be hesitant to do it because some programmers and developer egos would be stepped on.
Excellent suggestions man! I hope Tank makes note of this.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
Rookie

IIIISICKNESSIII's Arena

Alright sure your right, you can still use it for submissions, but in 09 part of the reason you didn't even want to be on the ground with a jui jitsu guy was the fact that they could sweep you and be in a dominant position which meant you had to be a great ground grappler to get on the ground with a jui jitsu guy or more likely than not you had to gameplan to try and keep him standing because of those sweeps AND submissions. I just think it was more realistic and it invoked more strategizing whereas now the ground game is more about who is better at reversals. I still get the sweep sometimes but it's alot less convenient. I just hope they bring it back.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Useful yes, but not nearly as fun and useful as it was last year. If they didn't have that 10 second auto ref stand you up BS then I wouldn't have such a major problem with it. If you being busy constantly hitting a guy in the face in rubber ground, you shouldn't be stood up at all.

The ref stand ups in this game is WAY too fast. Makes the ground game a fast sprint event, which it shouldn't be. I said it before and I will say it again, there is no variation this year in fighter back grounds.

Muay Thai, wrestler, BJJ, kickboxer all do the same damage when throwing leg kicks. They all can do the muay thai clinch and do the same level of damage. They all do the same level of damage when it comes to takedowns and punches and head kicks.

That is TOO much of a level playing field.

Muay Thai and kickboxer head & leg kicks should do 3 times more damage then a wrestler or BJJ guy.

A BJJ guy shouldn't be able to punch as hard as a stand up guy. I always shake my head when I can out strike a stand up fighter with Maia, Hazlett or Condit. People in real life who aren't known for KO power, but in this game they can KO people with ease. It is like WTF ?

Or have somebody like Marcus Jones have a muay thai clinch just as deadly as Wandy & Anderson ? WTF ?

The only people that should be able to do the muay thai clinch is muay thai fighters.

Just like Judo fighters should be the only ones doing judo throws.

There is no separation in skills. When I fight a high level BJJ guy, I want to see him doing standing kimuras, kimura sweeps, rolling kneebars, anaconda chokes, darces, etc. I want to feel threaten because he is a high level BJJ guy. THIS isn't represented in this game at all.

Because the BJJ guys in this game act like boxers. They try to stand and bang instead of trying to take it to the ground, which is their strong point. And when it do go to the ground, all they go for is a kimura or triangle, which EVERYBODY in the game can do. So it is like WTF, I don't feel threaten at all by a BJJ guy.

Out of 100 fights vs the cpu, I have yet to see the cpu even ATTEMPT an anaconda choke or darce or peruvian necktie or even a flying arm bar. I purposely put myself in the situation for them to do it and they still don't do it.

It is like the only fighters that fight like their real life counter parts are the wrestlers & kickboxers. Because the muay thai fighters don't throw leg kicks like they should and the BJJ guys don't do any high level BJJ move at all.

Honestly when it comes to BJJJ skills, one can't tell the difference between BJ Penn & Maia high level BJJ from Marcus Jones and Kimbo Slice. Because don't matter if you fight against BJ Pennn or Kimbo Slice...they BOTH going to do the same sub moves, which is the kimura or triangle choke or arm triangle.

I swear this game overdosed with the kimura, triangle choke and arm triangle. Those the 3 moves you see the cpu do 99% of the time on here. Every once in a while you might see an arm bar attempt or kneebar, but that is it.

Don't matter if you play on expert or beginner or advanced......they still do the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »