Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Key Enhancements Against the CPU

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Key Enhancements Against the CPU within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Key Enhancements Against the CPU

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Key Enhancements Against the CPU

Bout time they changed the AI's style of play. Can't wait to see how possession minded some of the teams really are.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is it October yet?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

That is something I feel they have sorely missed. This gets my hype-meter going as a CPU/Single Player fan. Will be nice to see some gameplay vids come end of summer!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-29-2010, 04:54 AM   #5
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
I hope they tone down the cpu aggressiveness on defense. I never understood why the cpu would chase you around the pitch constantly. Here's hoping for the best and please don't have Rooney on the cover again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Means nothing if team tactics come out all jacked up like they did last year. It's probably asking too much but team tactics should also change from match to match depending on the teams involved.

Crystal Palace isn't going to employ the same tactics vs Millwall as they are if they play Man United in a Cup match.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I hope the "possession football" stuff is applied across the board to some degree. It's a shame the custom tactics aren't put to greater use by the FIFA team, as they can produce some pretty good results we key ones are kept to lower levels (eg, build-up, pressure/aggression). Makes me think some behind-the-scenes tuning to the ranges of those values could help; I think they did this to some extent for 10, IIRC. Then spend some time creating different tactics for teams/leagues rather than having most teams hovering around 50. And please let us save a CTT for each team, although I suspect that's a memory issue.

I like the part about a dynamic "safe zone" based on the player and his personality profile. It'd be great if the skilled players would finally put those skills to use and do so in accurate ways -- Messi with acceleration & agility, Ronaldo with pace & tricks, Drogba with power & aggression, Van Persie with technique & touch and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Means nothing if team tactics come out all jacked up like they did last year. It's probably asking too much but team tactics should also change from match to match depending on the teams involved.

Crystal Palace isn't going to employ the same tactics vs Millwall as they are if they play Man United in a Cup match.
Yes, the tactical side of the AI leaves much to be desired. It needs to be more dynamic based on type of competition, team matchup, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

It would also be nice if the user had more freedom to alter formation/tactics in-game. I'd end up saving 6 or 7 variations of the same formation in the my manager mode because any changes made in-game had to be saved. If I wanted to have my LM push forward less & defend more to help cover a dangerous winger, I had to either overwrite my previously saved formation or make a new one.

Making in-game formation options temporary as in the WE/PES series (with an option to save if we'd like) would open up the tactical side of things for the offline game. Of course, I'm not sure how much some of the options like work rate & positioning even affect gameplay. I still can't figure out how to get my guys to consistently do what I want them to when I'm not controlling them... I'm looking at you, fullbacks who like to collapse into the middle!

Last edited by Qb; 06-29-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't played a FIFA game in years, but the World Cup this year has piqued my interest. I was going to pick up 2010 FIFA World Cup, but then I found out that FIFA 11 was coming out in October so I figured I'd just wait for it and see if I'm still interested then. The improvements mentioned in this article sound awesome, and if they are actually implemented the way they should be this could be one of the best sports games ever. I am so frustrated when I play Madden and every team is airing it out, or when I play NBA 2k and every team is running fast break offenses. To be able to truly differentiate the CPU's play styles would be amazing for someone like me who loves playing dynasties/franchises. I'm really starting to look forward to this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »