Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Some Random Gameplay Footage (Ian Cummings)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Some Random Gameplay Footage (Ian Cummings) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 AM   #17
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Some Random Gameplay Footage (Ian Cummings)

Looks good, I love all this Niners footage!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culapou
footplanting: This was in nfl2k4, not anything to be praised

run animations: Hardly improved, players look like they are sliding, especially when turning, no leaning is done, and there is no relation to the feet planting in the ground and increase/decrease of speed

run blocking: Uses assignment AI, we have not really seen any of this being broken down, someone break it down from pure gameplay footage, and we can see.

commentary: The commentary uses the same scripted sentences and phrases, just with different voices. The commentary is still horrible. Example:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-k0achk.html
look at the 4:40 mark, asomugha....WITH THE INTERCEPTION!!!

crowd audio: I hardly notice a change, a few added songs in, big deal, takes about 10 minutes to add in then filter over with crowd noise

stadium music: same as above

dynamic attendance: The hell? What is dynamic attendance? You mean, the stadiums sometimes aren't full? Yay! what a great addition! (sarcasm)

panthers stadium: Ok, good job.

Here's what I notice:

All tackles are crummy and players fall over instead of joining in a tackle

If players do join in a tackle, the tackle looks even more garbage, players jog in place for 2 seconds then fall over like ring around the rosey

Players ice-skate instead of run, turning looks un-natural with no leaning or loss of speed, looks very arcadish, like blitz running
everything you said was opinion. you're clearly downplaying everything. the game's not a huge step ahead of last years, but they've added things. you're attempting to disregard them for some reason, but fortunately we can do the same to your post.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

run animations: Hardly improved, players look like they are sliding, especially when turning, no leaning is done, and there is no relation to the feet planting in the ground and increase/decrease of speed

run blocking: Uses assignment AI, we have not really seen any of this being broken down, someone break it down from pure gameplay footage, and we can see.

commentary: The commentary uses the same scripted sentences and phrases, just with different voices. The commentary is still horrible. Example:

crowd audio: I hardly notice a change, a few added songs in, big deal, takes about 10 minutes to add in then filter over with crowd noise

dynamic attendance: The hell? What is dynamic attendance? You mean, the stadiums sometimes aren't full? Yay! what a great addition! (sarcasm)

Here's what I notice:

If players do join in a tackle, the tackle looks even more garbage, players jog in place for 2 seconds then fall over like ring around the rosey

Players ice-skate instead of run, turning looks un-natural with no leaning or loss of speed, looks very arcadish, like blitz running
Oh yeah, I remember why I stopped coming into this forum now.....

Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
The second play, the run with DeAngelo Williams looked HORRIBLE. nobody should be able to guide a running back THAT easily and open. it looked so fake. I hope this is a much earlier build than the Ravens/Steelers. That looked nice.
Agreed, catching looks better, so does north and south running
but any form of cutting/juking or horizontal running just looks like they slide around.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Oh yeah, I remember why I stopped coming into this forum now.....

I dont understand what ur problem is at all. I am just giving my point of view on the gameplay that i see, as are the others here. Im sorry if u don't agree with what is being said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Crowd noise sounds much improved, but why did the "Defense!" chants end when the huddle broke?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 55

Gameflow looks like a lot of fun. You can really get immersed in the gameplay. I like the clip where he shows you can't just fly around on defense to cover up your user mistakes. You can actually get burnt by alignment.... a huge aspect of football. The pocket is definitely improved from M10.

The only gripe I have is that the player interactions, particularly tackles, are still pretty rigid. I know they're canned... but they still look pretty iffy at times. Locomotion looks real good running the ball. I hope that deep ball he showed was against a zone defense

Highlighting a defensive player during a replay is a nice addition.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 06-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #24
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaino Insano
this website is over saturated with madden
No Constructive

Quote:

Here's what I notice:

Not constructive, especially the bolded parts. You literally state that you can't break down the gameplay footage, so you are speaking without knowledge. That means you can't speak on the Assignment Blocking, so don't. As for the audio - you don't know how long it takes to put in the game, or how it is implemented in an alpha build. Also - sarcasm will equal a ban when not being constructive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Gameflow looks like a lot of fun. You can really get immersed in the gameplay. I like the clip where he shows you can't just fly around on defense to cover up your user mistakes. You can actually get burnt by alignment.... a huge aspect of football. The pocket is definitely improved from M10.

The only gripe I have is that the player interactions, particularly tackles, are still pretty rigid. I know they're canned... but they still look pretty iffy at times. Locomotion looks real good running the ball. I hope that deep ball he showed was against a zone defense

Highlighting a defensive player during a replay is a nice addition.
Bolded part - Constructive. Said what he didn't like, and explained himself.

Guys, I keep posting here: I would get a dictionary and learn what constructive means, very soon. For your own benefit.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »