Home

Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Packers vs. Chargers (madscientist06)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Packers vs. Chargers (madscientist06) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Packers vs. Chargers (madscientist06)

Thanks MadScientist06 and Maddenmatrix!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Packers vs. Chargers (madscientist06)

Thanks Steve. More gameplay to analyze!!!

― Plato
Old 07-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12
I'm just ready for this game to come out now. Mad Scientist just annoys me the way he plays. Definitely not a sim gamer
Old 07-03-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Thanks Steve.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #5
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Nothing more frustrating than watchin' somebody play a game you wanna play and they suck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Wow. I know we're all just trying to enjoy the game this early but jesus can we see all the elements of the game if youre going to record it. No running game by the Packers until the end of the game and it was draws out of shotgun. They cut out a defensive TD which would have been nice to see.

Overall I would say both players were terrible. The Chargers just threw to the flats all game and the Packers clearly had tunnel vision in the passing game missing on a lot of open receivers.

as far as gameplay is concerned Ill hit all the sections separately.

Offense: I wasnt impressed at all with the pass blocking or what little we saw out of the run blocking. Still there was some purgatory blocking going on when the lineman couldnt decide who to block. I felt the way Rodgers held the ball on one of the replays was weird. Just didnt look realistic (Im not concerned about that. Im a game-play guy). the way players could break tackles while having no momentum has always bothered me. On one play Ryan Matthews did a spin move and before even accelerating he trucked over the defender.

Defense: I liked the pass rushing interaction better than most year. I thought the flat zones still didnt cover the flats that well. I didnt like how on one play Rivers threw across his body to a receiver who was wide open. A real defense would have put a defender on that play to have an angle just in case. I wasnt impressed with that. Theres still that sripted animation tackling where a defender just falls on the ground. That really has to go.

Special teams: Finally its nice to see no purgatory blocking going on on Special Teams. Instead of the return unit just running to the endzone they turned around and came back to black. I do like the kick meter. Though its old school I felt like kicking was to easy with the stick and a new approach would make the kicking game more of a challenge and seperate the better players from those of you who suck.

Overall I liked what little I saw. For the future these guys should be trying to show off multiple elements of the game and stop trying to play the way they do online or against friendly competition.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Is this a beta copy? Or is it official we have no halftime?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

That was a pretty hard game to watch. Guy controlling the Packers ran just about every offensive play out of the shotgun. Defensively, I dont remember him running anything but the base Nickel formation.

Also was a couple of plays in the 3rd quarter where Phillip Rivers completed ridiculous passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »