Home

Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I am a bit disappointed with the lack of interior views, but I definitely understand.
You do? Please tell me because I don't understand at all after 6 years in the making or however long it is you put out a driving game where the vast majority of the cars you drive as anything but the driver while your competition has MORE than twice the number of cars with a driver/racer point of view in their driving/racing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
This game should blow Forza out of the water, but only time will tell. Definitely a collectors edition 1st day purchase for me.
I too may pick up the collectors edition but I'll NEVER feel as if it "blows Forza out the water" for the simple fact about the in-car view. Sorry but to me that's inexcusable. Forget this "premium car" non-sense and just give every car the same amount of love. I already have a frown on Forza for coming out with some cars with non-working cockpits, but I would have ridden them hard had some cars had no cockpits at all. And I definitely would have went to town on them if the vast majority of them didn't. With all the great features of GT5 this puts HUGE negative light on the game.

That's like me buying a BMW and right before I get ready to drive out the guy bolts a seat on the roof, hood and hanging off the rear and gave me a remote control and said "Drive with this. Sit anywhere you like except inside the car"
Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

Wish we could get more information about Nascar drivers that are in the game and can you do a full Nascar season. Really miss Nascar games.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #19
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Definitely buying the CE. That 300 page car guide sold me.

*Actually clicks link*

100 bucks, though?!? I guess I'll have to wait to see how much I can afford when it comes out. That's a ****load of money for one game.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Definitely buying the CE. That 300 page car guide sold me.

*Actually clicks link*

100 bucks, though?!? I guess I'll have to wait to see how much I can afford when it comes out. That's a ****load of money for one game.
The Collectors Addition looks awesome, but dont know about paying $100.00 for it. Probably going to have to wait and see like you are.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

Looks to me that the difference between the standard cars and premium cars are that standard cars have the tinted windows since the interiors aren't detailed. I wouldn't be surprised if all cars have the cockpit view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I am wondering at how many gigs the install will eat up on my HDD. My guess is in the 8-10 range.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #23
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Gran Turismo 5 feature an astounding 800+ cars, a vast collection covering a wide range of eras and categories.
*Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247p1.html

I assume that means no interior view, right?
Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247p1.html

I assume that means no interior view, right?
Most likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »