Home

Breaking Down Team Ratings in NCAA Football 11 from EA Sports (Pursuit of Perfection)

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Team Ratings in NCAA Football 11 from EA Sports (Pursuit of Perfection) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Breaking Down Team Ratings in NCAA Football 11 from EA Sports (Pursuit of Perfection)

Pursuit of Perfection 10 breaks down the team ratings in NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"EA Sports’ yearly release in their NCAA Football video game franchise is due to hit on Tuesday, July 13th; in preparation for that, I have gone through the ratings for all of the teams included in this year’s game to run some data analysis. The goal of this research is to provide some data surrounding how the EA Sports team has decided to rate each school’s team in the game, and how that affects potential conferences to use in the game’s multiplayer Online Dynasty mode."
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 05:51 AM   #2
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Breaking Down Team Ratings in NCAA Football 11 from EA Sports (Pursuit of Perfect

A pretty good article from what I've seen from just skimming. A Big East only online dynasty looks pretty fun..
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Breaking Down Team Ratings in NCAA Football 11 from EA Sports (Pursuit of Perfect

Lewis is the man for Pittsburgh right now. Sadly Jonathan "Larry Fitzgerald Jr." Baldwin will be leaving soon.Always fun to use a sneaky Big East school in an OD with friends when most will load up on Big Ten schools.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

This is pretty cool break down, at first I thought it was an going to explain the reasoning behind hind the strange ratings, i.e Ohio state, Iowa, Nebraska and several others, having higher offensive ratings than defensive. Also, why in the world does that Pac-10 have a higher defensive average than the Big-10, is that weird to anyone else?

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

This is a good article. Breaks it down nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thank you for posting this on the front page, Steve. I greatly appreciate that the information will be able to serve a wide group of people with this promotion now.

@dan_457: Sorry if the title of the article or the "preamble" discussion were confusing; I have no insight as to how the EA Sports team put together their ratings for this year's game, and I'm still thinking that there might be changes between the E3 build and the retail release. I don't think Alabama will be keeping their 99/99/99 ratings because I don't think we've seen an EA Sports game where a non-All Star team has had perfect ratings across the board.

Did seem weird that the Pac-10 had better defensive ratings than the Big Ten as well; ah well.

Last edited by Paakaa10; 07-06-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paakaa10
Thank you for posting this on the front page, Steve. I greatly appreciate that the information will be able to serve a wide group of people with this promotion now.

@dan_457: Sorry if the title of the article or the "preamble" discussion were confusing; I have no insight as to how the EA Sports team put together their ratings for this year's game, and I'm still thinking that there might be changes between the E3 build and the retail release. I don't think Alabama will be keeping their 99/99/99 ratings because I don't think we've seen an EA Sports game where a non-All Star team has had perfect ratings across the board.

Did seem weird that the Pac-10 had better defensive ratings than the Big Ten as well; ah well.
It's cool, I wasn't disappointed or anything, actually I was pleasantly surprised, I hadn't actually seen a break down like that before, it's really good info.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
It's cool, I wasn't disappointed or anything, actually I was pleasantly surprised, I hadn't actually seen a break down like that before, it's really good info.
@dan_457: I'm glad that you liked it even though it wasn't what you expected haha.

Part of the impetus for doing that research was that I couldn't remember seeing anywhere that had broken down the conferences like that. And, since I'm a bit new to the college football game, I wanted to figure out for myself who belonged to some of the smaller conferences. A day of on-and-off work later, and we have that article with all of its images and analysis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »