Home

Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist Article...MUST READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
People on these forums have been begging for better presentation from all EA sports games for years and haven't got it because quite honestly they don't give a rats behind about it. Madden, Live, TW pga tour, fight night, fifa are all examples of their poor implementation of presentation.

The guy who wrote the article has some really great ideas but i honestly tell yall without a shadow of a doubt that you will NEVER see those things in an EA sports game.
I'll have to agree with you. I have been on a campaign for years wanting EA to give fans realistic presentation of sports.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 24

I think presentation is low hanging fruit for this franchise and should've been implemented a long time ago.

More emphasis on the career of a boxer and all it takes to make it in the ring, in a word preparation.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
I think presentation is low hanging fruit for this franchise and should've been implemented a long time ago.

More emphasis on the career of a boxer and all it takes to make it in the ring, in a word preparation.
QFT.
Champions are made and carved in training camps and preparing for fights. That's the one area that's never been done in any boxing game but needs to.
I can't tell you how bored I am with the generic training/point grabs that exist in every boxing title (with the exception of VB2).

Sparring, watching tape, diet, training all need to be incorporated for Rd5.
Getting a fighter in peak condition or hitting that 'sweet spot' just before a fight is crucial in pro boxing. The gamer should feel that and understand it.
The training camp aspect should be deeper and more rewarding than the fight itself.

If casual fans don't like it, just implement a CPU-controlled camp so they can ignore that part of the game.

But I do love the ideas this writer brought up. I desperately want a weekly show that rounds out all the latest fights, belts changing hands and ratings, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

They need to get rid of Haymakers and speacial punches. This in itself makes the game un-realistic. Haymakers should be user controlled not an animation that requires minimal user input. And special punches should be left to titles like Street Fighter.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Beastly Wayz's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. EA presentation in there sports games are truly lacking. The little detail 2KSports/Visual Concepts add to their games that brings sort of a realism to some of their sports games.
You Guys Are MONEY
Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

Fighters shouldn't always be squared up. You should be able to be side on with your opponent when you side step. I'm probably not explaining this right but hopefully someone else understands me.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Fighters shouldn't always be squared up. You should be able to be side on with your opponent when you side step. I'm probably not explaining this right but hopefully someone else understands me.
I do, getting in position is a huge part of punching and landing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I need them to fix the fighting before they touch any of that stuff. Better, quicker footwork, easier punching as promised, better defense & punching in the clinch are my must haves. Closing that counter window, rating each punch-type separately & adding more power to the straight right are very high on my list as well.

As for presentation, I want a stationary camera that shows most, if not all of the ring. I hate the swinging close up views.

But yeah, all that stuff would be great if the action in the ring is improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »