Home

Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
I apologize if I'm getting the wrong "vibe", but essentially Ian is saying that we (the gamers) are complaining that franchise mode was lacking (hence the reason less then 10% get past year one), so instead of IMPROVING franchise/superstar mode EA just decided to forget about fixing it altogether and instead moved on to other things to work on? Boy that makes sense...

So I buy a new car and the steering doesn't work properly, hey at least in next years model the brakes will be outstanding!
No, what he's saying is that because we are bored and dissatisfied with the mode as is, minor improvements wouldn't do much to push it forward.

Instead, it's pushing other stuff that is closer to being "there" (in Ian's/Ea's view, at least) and use what they've learned form research and NFL HC to push a deeper franchise mode in the future.

Whether or not that pans out or not is another story entirely, but I think that was the vibe of his response to that, not that it's being ignored or skipped.

As for Real Time Physics I think that he genuinely doesn't see it as truly viable right now...that's kind of been his tone all along.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics with Ian Cummings

in terms of rtp this is sad. i really am a huge believer in ian cummings but his tone about rtp can be taken 2 ways:
1. negative : ian truly doesnt think rtp is possible and or worth it this generation,
2. positive : ian however did say that ea has looked into it and is playing very close attention to ea games that already have rtp. and also imo i think he really doesnt want to or cant (embargo) go into too much detail about madden nfl and the inclusion of rtp. his answer really wasn't too clear. so we'll have to see.

i personally hope rtp is included in some form for madden 12 or 13.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

A lot of those questions he answered very cautiously. Not showing any signs of leaning towards a yes or no.

I understand in his position he has to be very careful on how he deals with questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
My vibe from that interview is that Ian doesn't believe a real time physics engine is possible on this gen of consoles.

Well it has already been done,it may not be possible for the Madden Engine to handle it but that doesn't mean it is not possible as another game has done it with great on field results.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
MVP

berad88's Arena

Right, I think the other guy ment that it is not possible on current consoles due to how many collisions happen at the same moment in football. In football there is constant contact somewhere on the field where other sports have moments of contact.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Right, I think the other guy ment that it is not possible on current consoles due to how many collisions happen at the same moment in football. In football there is constant contact somewhere on the field where other sports have moments of contact.

Huh? there is already a football game out with realtime physics, multiple hit real time tackles etc.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #15
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

dissapointed in that interview. So they are planning to expand ultimate team at some point this year but still can't add anything to OF? And they won't consider Live Broadcast important if EA MMA doesn't have success with it? I don't understand the way EA does things.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #16
MVP

berad88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Huh? there is already a football game out with realtime physics, multiple hit real time tackles etc.
Doing a physics based game is one thing. Doing a physics based game right is another thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »