Home

Dynasty Musings: What Dynasty Mode Is the Best?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Musings: What Dynasty Mode Is the Best? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
No love for NFL 2k5?

I also have to put NHL 10 higher. I thought the scouting/trading/drafting were all done very well. I also am a franchise nut, looking to build my team from the ground up. NHL 10 was a blast to do that in.
The scouting process is on the right track for NHL, but I am questionable over the user generated draft prospects. A 5'8'' wing with 70 speed and an 80 wrist shot acc/power should not be projected as a top 5 pick. A 6'6 defencemen with 90+ speed, 75-85 checking, and 65-75 def. awareness should never be projected as a 3rd rounder. The projections are just way off. I love that you can edit the draft class, though. I just feel like NHL has so much more improvement ahead of them in terms of the sim engine, trade AI (which is way off.. I can trade 2-3 midlevel prospects each year for a top 10 draft pick), and CPU gen prospects. Not to mention there are at least 5-6 FA's under the age of 27 each year that would never be let go in real life.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
Rookie

K the Q's Arena

OVR: 1
NCAA basketball 2k3. I'm not even joking, you could play hundreds of years, seasons (if you simmed) lasted less than 10 minutes... Recruiting was awesome and simple. Personally my favorite dynasty mode ever. I still play it.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Love the article. Its nice to see I'm not the only Dynasty nut out there. With that being said you have to put College Hoops 2k8 on your list. With AAU ball and year round recruiting. I think its the best in the biz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39
High heat baseball
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
College Hoops 2K8 is one of the best franchise modes of all time. That said, it's from 2008. I really, REALLY hope 2k Sports can get that license back. These are "current" franchise rankings, so games within the year.

CH2K8 definitely in my top 5 in terms of all time franchise modes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #14
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
My selections from the sports games I play on the PS3:

1. MLB 10 The Show
2. NFL Head Coach 09

I play Madden 10, but it does not rank near the two games I listed, those two games set & rasied the bar!

NFL Head Coach 09 is second because things are missing that were going to be added. While MLB 10 has continued to grow and improve.

As for NCAA College Football, this will be the first year I am getting the game for the PS3!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Dynasty Musings: What Dynasty Mode Is the Best?

College Hoops 2K8 and it's not even close.

• Coaching Carousel (Coaches retire, leave for other jobs, assistants become HC's and implement new offenses/recruiting priorities)
  • In-depth recruiting where recruits look at things like expected minutes, current depth chart, etc..
  • Weekly wrap-up shows
  • Season preview show
  • Great editor (in-season too)
  • Sharing files online (roster, playbooks, dynasty saves)
  • etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
No way should Madden be ranked higher than NHL. NHL's Be a GM mode is pretty deep and has potential too be even better if the implement all the other leagues they're acquiring. Madden's franchise is stale, shallow and completely broken with it's potential system.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »