Home

NHL 11 Video: Any Moment Can Be a Wow Moment

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Video: Any Moment Can Be a Wow Moment within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:35 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
it looks awesome. again i dont like hockey but damn thats great.

this gives me high hopes for the physics in nba elite 11
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #10
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 11 Video: Any Moment Can Be a Wow Moment

Lots of stuff to like in this clip...I especially liked how lively the puck was on the loose puck in front of Howard at the :43 mark. Great stuff!

Last edited by Flyermania; 07-20-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Dayum! Looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
Rookie

Zobitembois's Arena

OVR: 2

Pisses me of to be negative but it seems that the Iceberg graphic haven't been updated regarding Howard set in the trailer..........To stay positive I can say that the way Jimmy's pads are coloured don't allow us to really see if it's been updated.

Self contradiction is my delight.....
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
It continues to amaze me how far the NHL franchise has come in just a matter of years. I remember getting bored with the game and going to NHL 2K back in the Gamecube days, but NHL has basically been untouchable ever since introducing right-stick controls for shooting.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Good stuff, eh? The new physics really change to feel of the game. I quickly noticed the more active & independent puck during gameplay. I know it's been said many times, but the RT-physics collisions add some needed "freshness" to gameplay, not to mention making it a more realistic game of hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobitembois
...it seems that the Iceberg graphic haven't been updated regarding Howard set in the trailer...
I know LuGer33 from the EA Forums (and sometimes here) spent a good bit of time looking over the equipment upgrades. I was over his shoulder for a minute or two while he was checking his lists and there were quite a few additions/updates. Probably all I can say on the subject.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Man I ain't much of a Hockey fan. But this is so awsome. Close to Christmas I might get this game and try it. It looks like it is going rock. If this new engine works great for NHL 11. Just think what it can do for madden if is implanted good into the game. It would be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Man I ain't much of a Hockey fan. But this is so awsome. Close to Christmas I might get this game and try it. It looks like it is going rock. If this new engine works great for NHL 11. Just think what it can do for madden if is implanted good into the game. It would be amazing.
Legend, good to see you make your way into the NHL forums! I know you are a big Madden guy, I was as well but havent liked the next-gen Madden's through 2010. You should absolutely give NHL 11 a try. The NHL series is the best sports series on the market today IMO. This game is absolutely amazing and just keeps getting better and better. Every mode from franchise, on-line and on-line co-op are just amazingly fun. NHL 11 will probably be the greatest sports game ever made.

Just as a side note I have never played hockey in my life and just recently became a Capitals fan about three years ago.(I live in Baltimore and we do not have a team) I have followed hockey more closely since becoming a fan of the Caps and the sport is just phenomenal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »