Home

Fight Night Champion Announcement and Details (Press Release)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Announcement and Details (Press Release) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Announcement and Details (Press Release)

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! EA TO REDEFINE THE SPORTS GAMING EXPERIENCE WITH FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION

Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS is developing the latest iteration of the long-running Fight Night franchise, entitled Fight Night Champion, at EA Canada in Vancouver. Fight Night Champion will set a new standard in sports videogames by delivering the most dynamic simulation fighting experience to date, pushing visual boundaries and redefining the single player journey for the category.

“The EA SPORTS Fight Night franchise has consistently delivered one of the best sports experiences with each iteration”, said Andrew Wilson, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Development, EA SPORTS. “EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 was a genre defining game, and led the way as the industry transitioned to physics-based sports games. EA SPORTS Fight Night Champion will again forge new ground and deliver a sports experience unlike anything seen in the genre to date.”

Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing.

Featuring a refined physics-based animation system that incorporates improved locomotion, punching and stamina mechanics, Fight Night Champion will enable users to move, attack and dodge with the speed and power of the best champions, contenders and pretenders in the world of boxing. In addition, an all-new control scheme, dubbed Full Spectrum Punch Control, will deliver the most realistic punching system ever seen in a simulation fighting game, while still delivering an accessible experience that will make Fight Night Champion the most user-friendly title in the franchise’s history.

Fight Night Champion will set a new standard for visual presentation with the most realistic boxer-likeness to date, fluid animations and damage that truly conveys the brutality of the sport of boxing.

Fight Night Champion will be available for the Xbox 360TM videogame and entertainment system system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and ships to retailers in 2011. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football and NCAA Basketball, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
I can't make a snarky comment about the bloody pic, but Manny is really trying to get a deal done. Damn. Looks like this FN is going to be worth getting. I didn't like the demo of FN4 so I didn't purchase. I hope they'll have a good mix of current and past fighters.

They've got Pac-Man down pat. Looks EXACTLY like him.

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 07-21-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18
Out-freaking-standing. It sounds like they completely reworked the career mode, which was quite boring in round 4. I cannot wait.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
if Mayweather isn't in this game i still dont care about it. The roster is the most important thing about these games. Its why i will prefer UFC over EA's MMA and until EA gets a larger roster featuring all of the top names in boxing then it will still just be a game that is played a few times and then shelved for more interesting games.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fight Night Champion Announcement and Details (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcorrosive
It sounds like they completely reworked the career mode
where'd you read that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Dang Mayweather really worked him over.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Awesome! Fight Night 4 was majorly dissapointing, so I won't be purchasing this first day. i will be getting it eventually. happy to see real damage, and i really hope career mode is revamped because again, they really added nothing to fight night 3. I hate Mayweather, i hope hes in the game so i can kill him
Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Fight Night Champion Announcement and Details (Press Release)

Damn doesn't drop till 2011...that sucks.

I was hoping it'd come out in Q4 this year, ah well...willing to wait if it's a quality product.

The re-worked physics engine and this new punching mechanics are intriguing to me...taking a cautious wait and see approach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »