Home

FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Hands On Preview within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

Back at E3, I got some very early hands-on time with FIFA 11. I was more impressed by the graphical improvements than the on-field improvements at E3 because the game was still pretty raw, and some aspects of the demo were not even working properly yet -- for one you could not shield the ball in the E3 build. But at a recent EA event in New York, I played a build of the game that was about 75 percent completed and left more of a gameplay mark on me this time around.

Read More - FIFA 11 Hands On Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Thanks for the preview. Nice to hear the gameplay improvements and how personality+ works in the game. Also, I like that they are trying to recreate the Career mode for today's gen consoles
Old 07-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 19
Based on WC 2010 I hope FIFA 11 tones down the CPU aggression. Slowing it down, maintaining possession and building up the attack is what they are hopefully aiming for. Personality+ will probably make or break this game.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
"And if the AI is using that same player, the AI version of that guy will tend to take a rip at net rather than pass".

I really hope this is true. I find in FIFA 10 and in all previous versions there just aren't enough long range shots at goal from the AI.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

Nice read. Would still like to know more about the new combined Career mode. Seems intersting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
"And if the AI is using that same player, the AI version of that guy will tend to take a rip at net rather than pass".

I really hope this is true. I find in FIFA 10 and in all previous versions there just aren't enough long range shots at goal from the AI.
I am in agreement
Old 07-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
any chance for sliders???
Old 07-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" David Rutter has the answer : " I think this year the biggest part of the new commentary has come about in support of the Personality Plus feature again. If you're playing with a skilled dribbler it will let you know, if you're playing with a strong defensive midfielder it will let you know; a) because it sounds authentic, and b) because it also helps people understand what they're seeing. So if you're not a strong football fan, if you don't know who Huddleston is for example, and you don't know why he's good at some things and not good at others, the commentary will help you understand this year and that's a big part of what we're trying to achieve."
http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-11/feature-15499.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »