Home

EA Sports MMA: Career Mode Breakdown

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA: Career Mode Breakdown within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports MMA: Career Mode Breakdown

ESPN Videogames have posted their EA Sports MMA career mode breakdown.

Quote:
"But before you're training like a champ, Bas Rutten gives you an amateur fight/chin check to see if you're up for the challenge ahead. Win the fight and you'll be able to continue your training as Bas teaches you stand-up striking then offers up some of his friends like Gracie and Couture to help you learn new skills. But it's not like you're some slow-moving slouch when you start hitting the gym.

"We want you to be able to fight, so you're more like a 75% skilled fighter when you start, then you work your way up from there," says Barnes. "Keep winning and advance to one of two junior leagues. Win there and you can advance to an English league that features three five minute rounds, a 10-point scoring system, and while elbows are allowed, there are no head stomps or kicks while your opponent is on the ground." Don't like those rules? You have the choice to head to Brazil for your middle league instead, but be prepared for some **** battles. In Brazil, the fights are one round, 20 minutes, anything goes.

"Succeed in the middle leagues and you have another choice as you get big contract offers to either fight for Strikeforce in the United States or head to Japan and fight in our league which is basically an homage to all of the Japanese leagues out there," Barnes explains. "It's a 10-minute first round, 5-minute second round, a 10-point scoring system, and while there are no elbows on the ground, there are head kicks, head stomps, and soccer kicks allowed."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports MMA Career Mode Breakdown

Yeah, this sounds WAY better, like infinitely better than UFC's career mode, which was a horrible joke this year and a super-standard experience last year. Love the touches on the different rule sets and the idea that you can choose where you "come up" and that changes your final style/skills. Looking forward to the **** "vale tudo" fights, sounds awesome.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Sports MMA Career Mode Breakdown

Very nice.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #4

OVR: 34
I like the idea of going into it rated mid-70's. A lot of sports game careers treat the virtual athlete like he just started that sport, when really he should at least be slightly above average.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports MMA: Career Mode Breakdown

Sounds good, but we'll see. I have learned with sports games, that you have to play the game and share your opinions with a community like OS to get the real scoop. I still remember online sites rating undisputed a 5/5! The game is terrible, but let's be objective. UFC's career mode might be one of the most unplayable modes I have ever played. I'm not much of an online player so career modes must be excellent for me to get enjoyment from it. I definitely learned my lesson with first day purchases when it comes to a sports title.
Here's hoping that EA MMA will have a good career mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9
This sounds good. Hopefully everything is nice inside the cage/ring.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 20
UFC is great but the career mode can be light years better.i'll think about getting this but its very unlikely.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports MMA: Career Mode Breakdown

Man this game is sounding better and better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya