Home

NHL Slapshot Interview (OS)

This is a discussion on NHL Slapshot Interview (OS) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL Slapshot Interview (OS)

We have just posted our interview with Joe Nickolls, Producer of NHL Slapshot.

Quote:
Operation Sports: "Given the Wii's stigma of a "casual" sports gaming console, what was the draw to develop what appears to be a very deep and engaging hockey game for the hardcore sports gamer on Nintendo's console?"

Joe Nickolls: "Without a doubt, the most common question I get outside of work is “when are you going to do NHL on the Wii”? There are millions of families that have Wii consoles that have wanted to play hockey, but either didn’t have a PS3 or X360. And there’s no shortage of “compilation sports” packages on the market for the Wii – so it was really a no-brainer to make a hockey game that could appeal to both the casual gamer and the hockey fan. I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like playing games on the Wii. Grand Slam Tennis for example is a great game made even better by playing on the Wii. There are also a lot of gamers that are hard core hockey fans, but aren’t necessarily hard core gamers – so we’ve tried to make a game that appeals to everyone. We don’t expect people to stop playing NHL 11 on the next gen consoles, this is a different experience for sure, but for many gamers, the Wii is their console of choice, and we shouldn’t keep them from playing a great hockey game because they chose to go with a Wii."
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
A big thank you to Joe for answering Chase and my questions. Great read that has me very excited for this game.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
So long as the controls are responsive, and I'm sure they are as EA has a reputation for doing things well, this game looks to be a lot of fun, actually. Taking it for what it is.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL Slapshot Interview (OS)

so am i correct that if you use the controller only, you cant control the skating???
Old 07-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
so am i correct that if you use the controller only, you cant control the skating???
As in the Wii remote? Yes. If you use it with the Nunchuk you can skate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL Slapshot Interview (OS)

This looks like it could be a fun game but 2K11 appears to be the deeper game (modes,control options)at a cheaper price so thats probably the game I'll get. I'll definitely give this game a rent though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »