Home

NBA 2K11 Soundtrack Announced (Press Release)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Soundtrack Announced (Press Release) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K11 Soundtrack Announced (Press Release)

I don't mind the lesser known rap music because like you said, I've become fans of Little Brother because of their song earlier. I just don't understand all this annoying indie rock music in a sports game. All the rap songs (that I can find on youtube at least) are great. I even don't mind the Ron Artest one, but I just can't stand the songs like The Brunettes, Big Rock Candy Mountain, Failsafe, Middleman, etc. Those songs are annoying and really bring down a GREAT rap part of the soundtrack (Dan Black's is easily my favorite)
Old 07-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBA 2K11 (Press Releas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I know it's just personal preference but I like when 2K offers the lesser known (but still quality) groups. I've become fans of a lot of people I otherwise would not have ever heard if not for 2K Sports (RJD2, Doom, Ratatat, Little Brother). I don't love it all, but I much prefer experiencing new music rather than dealing with stuff we've all already heard a billion times.

It's nerdy, but I look forward to discovering new acts via video game soundtracks.
I totally agree with you. I always thought the "poppie" stuff gets boring after a while. But I think 2k purposely goes out and play these songs on repeat in meetings, motion capture sessions, beta testing and etc etc....Just to see what should get the boot off the list....lmao

There are about 5 artist up there. That I've never heard before. And I have to say...I'm pretty excited hear them.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: 2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBA 2K11 (Press Releas

Well the first 5 songs are cool..lol @ that other stuff. Not for me though.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
I don't mind the lesser known rap music because like you said, I've become fans of Little Brother because of their song earlier. I just don't understand all this annoying indie rock music in a sports game. All the rap songs (that I can find on youtube at least) are great. I even don't mind the Ron Artest one, but I just can't stand the songs like The Brunettes, Big Rock Candy Mountain, Failsafe, Middleman, etc. Those songs are annoying and really bring down a GREAT rap part of the soundtrack (Dan Black's is easily my favorite)
Yeah I have not heard of those bands you mentioned (Brunettes, Big Rock Candy Mountain, Failsafe, Middleman). How it usually works is I'll give the soundtrack a couple of weeks once I have the game in my hands and anything I'm not feeling eventually gets removed from the 2K playlist. It's a small thing, but I'm glad 2K allows us to "uncheck" selections we don't care for (or tire of - like The Game's "Champion" and the Donnie Bravo song from the Draft Combine).

I appreciate 2K's willingness to step away from a full slate of hot rap.

Last edited by VDusen04; 07-29-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Damn...some of you guys need to get your ears checked...Rap isn't the form of music...lol jk

But seriously...Guys open your ears up...Because you will be singing along sooner or later. Unless you chicken out and take them off your playlist. I hope they add the custom music for PS3...That would be amazing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

All you have to do is go look at Madden's soundtrack. It's only 16 songs, but they are all vital songs in getting an NFL experience and are all well known songs. I can think of a number of rap songs that may not be that well known, or known that should be a part of this game
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #23
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

The rakaa song is crazy!!! Search it on youtube.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
All you have to do is go look at Madden's soundtrack. It's only 16 songs, but they are all vital songs in getting an NFL experience and are all well known songs. I can think of a number of rap songs that may not be that well known, or known that should be a part of this game
I see you're a PS3 owner so I can understand where you're coming from (for I do not believe you guys had custom soundtracks last year). I took a look at the Madden soundtrack and noticed it was largely all songs that, as you put it, are vital to getting an NFL experience. They're songs we'd hear on the PA system at every single football game we ever attended.

Personally, and this is where the ability to have custom soundtracks comes in, my brain would fall out of my skull if I heard all those songs (which I've all heard over 200,323 times before already) during the main menus of my video gaming experience. I do believe they fit nicely into the NFL in-game atmosphere but the NBA2K custom in-game arena music allows us to do the same thing but without subjecting ourselves to Crazy Train and Thunderstruck over and over in the menu screens. Here's hoping PS3 is equipped with custom arena music this year so we both win.

The new music 2K provides keeps things fresh for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »