Home

Madden NFL 11 Online Team Play Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Online Team Play Videos (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Online Team Play Videos (IGN)

IGN has posted some Madden NFL 11 online team play videos.

Quote:
"For all the good that I can say about Online Team Play, there are a few faults that you'll want to be mindful of before hopping into a game. First, be sure to look out for random people hopping into your game who might have a boost turned on. It's represented in the user interface on-screen, but you could miss it if you're not mindful. An editor unknowingly jumped into a game with boosts flipped on and completely dominated the competition. It ruined the experience for all five of the other players. So much so that we had to quit in the second quarter as we watched a souped-up Brandon Jacobs break his fifth tackle and scamper for his second 60-yard touchdown run."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

OVR: 3
My problem with this is what is the point? You can't form teams or anything like in FIFA so I have no incentive to play one game of this.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 11 Online Team Play Videos (IGN)

Quote:
An editor unknowingly jumped into a game with boosts flipped on and completely dominated the competition. It ruined the experience for all five of the other players. So much so that we had to quit in the second quarter as we watched a souped-up Brandon Jacobs break his fifth tackle and scamper for his second 60-yard touchdown run.

SMH. So I guess thats it huh. Its just a new era and like it or not, things are just different. Football gaming didn't go the direction I was hoping it would go when we hit the new consoles, and weather I like it or not, they are quite simply not going to go the way I want it to go. I could complain all day and not buy the game and stamp my feet and get kicked of OS and it would change nothing. I guess thats it, I mean, regardless of anything, im wasting my breath even complaining about this game. Madden has beat me. I give up. This is my last criticism of this game and it wont get any more than a rental out of me, if that... so long Madden. What a sad day.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Rookie

nba2012's Arena

i agree with NAdkins01 ... i dont really understand the point either ... they should have focused on franchise mode instead ...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
I'll stick to player vs. player thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

ill try one game of it but other then that ill stick with the online team play in the nhl series.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the problem with this mode is that football does not lend itself to team play online.

Hockey and basketball are REALLY fun to play online team games with 5 or 6 guys (depending on the sport) on each team because everyone gets to do something all the time.

With football, it's just plain boring for those not involved in the play. There is no way around this.

To me, it wasn't worth the time it took to create the mode. Knowing how the bulk of people online can be, how long is someone going to play WR and be happy not catching the ball every other play?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

Football can be fun but you have to have a reason to play the game. If some buddies of mine could form a team in a league format or "Be A Pro" similar to FIFA than we would have incentive to play. This is a bad idea that most people will try once and never go back to. The MAIN aspect people enjoy is the online franchise which hasn't been touched according to what I hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »