Home

NBA 2K11 Screenshot: Andre Iguodala

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Screenshot: Andre Iguodala within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #25
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11 Screenshot: Andre Iguodala

That jersey looks so dingy. That color is not white.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Probably because PC modders can work on one face for like a week or two if they want to. And some of them release a screenshot to show people and ask for their opinion every couple of days. If you want 2K to work like that, you'd have to expect a game every 3 years.

I'm not saying the faces shouldn't be as good as possible, but you can't compare something that people do in their spare time with no pressure whatsoever - to the tight schedule of the guys at 2K Sports.
You haven't modded faces then It doesn't take THAT long. And I thought we're talking about a professional studio that pays big salaries to employees with degrees? If I'm working that position I'd expect nothing but perfection when I'm creating a real life likeness.

We're seeing the same problem year after year in this department. I'm not gonna nerd-rage over it. It just doesn't make sense for people earning a salary making worse models than guys in their basements, year after year.

Oh well - I'm getting it for PC again so myself and the modding nation can clean up the game.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #27
Rookie

Onpoint17's Arena

OVR: 12

Are we sure this is 2K11? Red is still pink. It would really be a shame to go through another version of this game with an incorrect color palette. And they know the color is wrong from all the protests on these forums last year and comparisons with the actual court and uniforms of the 76ers. So there's
no excuse not to have this fixed for 2K11.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 14

His head is too small for his body and the physique is too muscular. Same issue with many of last years models. Final version? I wonder. I don't see a work in progress indicator on the photo.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 7

This is probably from one of the first builds of 2k11..I'm not really worried about it.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #30
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
You haven't modded faces then It doesn't take THAT long. And I thought we're talking about a professional studio that pays big salaries to employees with degrees? If I'm working that position I'd expect nothing but perfection when I'm creating a real life likeness.

We're seeing the same problem year after year in this department. I'm not gonna nerd-rage over it. It just doesn't make sense for people earning a salary making worse models than guys in their basements, year after year.

Oh well - I'm getting it for PC again so myself and the modding nation can clean up the game.
No I haven't. I'm not a modding freak and I actually downloaded maybe 2 cyberfaces for 2K10, because I'm not a cyberface freak. I'm not saying it takes that long for anyone, but I am saying that I go the NBA-Live forums from time to time and see what some modders do and I see some great results that take time. You know what? How long would it take you to mod 300+ players to look perfect? And I think this department doesn't only create faces. So you need to mod 300+ faces, uniforms, courts, body models, shoes (and don't know what else)... and you need them all to be perfect. also remember that they not necessarily use the same models that you use to mod - because they're already done. I'm sure they used ones that are based on last year, but probably different, so I assume they need to change some face layouts.

Again, I'n not syaing they shouldn't make it all great, or that they're not getting enough money for that. I am saying that in my opininon they're far more busy than the guy who does it in his basement.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 21

Too big. His skin tone and eyes are also slightly off. Can't see if they got the leg tatt from that angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #32
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Too buff!! wtf! Doesn't even come close imo.

Come on 2K, you can do much better than this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »