Home

NBA Elite 11 Blog: Real Physics

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Blog: Real Physics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Elite 11 Blog: Real Physics

now your able to somewhat control the offensive player with a physical presents rather than a animation, that will work for me. that also allows you to play players differently because animations dont warp you in to a certain position, im loving that
Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 17

Not sure what you mean by 'animation visual quality' being reduced?

Are all the animations still motion capture or do they automatically happen like Backbreaker for example?

Either way, I'm not sure why they would degrade?

I guess I am in the 'has to try the demo to like it' category right now and not that convinced at all.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 16

Maybe I read it wrong, but is the passing now: 1. Player A passes into the direction of player B, if player B moves out of that area the ball will become "free" and it will be open to receiving by anyone that is in the designated area?

Kind of like in football games?

BTW I liked the ping pong reference, being an avid table tennis player I understood it

Last edited by michaeljordanjr; 07-30-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
Rookie

its like the real deal, what did coach always say, keep your feet a hands moving at all times, now it seems like this system will allow that to happen
Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Can't wait to play the DEMO! I hope that it works even better than they describe!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #22
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
Not sure what you mean by 'animation visual quality' being reduced?

Are all the animations still motion capture or do they automatically happen like Backbreaker for example?

Either way, I'm not sure why they would degrade?

I guess I am in the 'has to try the demo to like it' category right now and not that convinced at all.
No worries, that's what demos are for.

My point was that a mocap animation is 100% true to real life. Absolutely perfect.

When you simulate physics, especially in a video game, it's not going to look 100% perfect.

So if you release a video of a two man move, a mocap animation is always going to look better than something that was simulated in a video game.

You can't look better than real life

But where a physically simulated system looks better is when you see it in many different situations, and when you feel the impact is has on the control of your character, because it adapts to the situation and is more organic. In this case a canned animation will feel stiff and repetitive.

My point was that it's really hard to get that across in a video, and we are not going to try and fool you by releasing videos of canned animations.

I think you have every right be skeptical. If you're going to check out the demo for yourself that's all anyone can ask.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
No worries, that's what demos are for.

My point was that a mocap animation is 100% true to real life. Absolutely perfect.

When you simulate physics, especially in a video game, it's not going to look 100% perfect.

So if you release a video of a two man move, a mocap animation is always going to look better than something that was simulated in a video game.

You can't look better than real life

But where a physically simulated system looks better is when you see it in many different situations, and when you feel the impact is has on the control of your character, because it adapts to the situation and is more organic. In this case a canned animation will feel stiff and repetitive.

My point was that it's really hard to get that across in a video, and we are not going to try and fool you by releasing videos of canned animations.

I think you have every right be skeptical. If you're going to check out the demo for yourself that's all anyone can ask.
i understand you all the way and thats what i love because you never no the out come of a move to the basket or anything else on the court for that matter, because its being simulated as you play. thats why defending will be just as fun, because you can play defense and not get have to worry about going to some animation once the offensive player goes into a move, you will still be able to control what you want your defender to do regardless of what the ballhandler is doing, its always something going on different.

Last edited by tybud; 07-30-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #24
Rookie

Just curious, do you guys ever do 5 on 5 motion captures? OR is it strictly just 1 on none

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »