Home

Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

This is a discussion on Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

Ok just a question. Can you play this, without any accessory for the ps3, since it is an import? Also, what is the best way to purchase?

Thanks..

J
Old 08-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

Its region-free, meaning you can just pop the disk in and play. As for your other question, if you're near a major city(NYC for example) you could try some import shops!

If not, import sites like play-asia.com are well known. Ebay is another route you could go! And probably the cheapest.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Yeah just checked play-asia, they are on-back-order. Ebay had only a couple for PS3 and they were $80-$100. I am just a BIG sim player and have always wanted to try this game. May keep checking.

Thanks..

J
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Some may be lazy, but the other is that some want an MLB game. So I'm sure customization has been discussed about this game at length in other forums/threads. Why wouldn't the developer/producer recognize the American/English speaking community and make a version that is immediately comprehended?
Maybe because of the MLB exclusive third party license. Though Pawapuro could make Jikkyo Powerful Major League 2009 without Take-Two Interactive involvement if I remember correctly? maybe someone can clarify this license.

They could publish the game through 2K Sports to use the license but it's uncertain if 2K Sports want to do that or the conditions of it. Konami could feel there is too much risk making a game designed to the North American market.

Though I would say the series have some potential of making such a jump, look at the Sister series Pawapuro who entered the NA market with MLB Power Pros and Winning Eleven/PES also from Konami have acchived success in the international market. Pro Yakyu Spirits is quite a young franchise so when they feel they are developed enough they might make the jump.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14
How about Konami just sell an English version? There are not many Sim style games to compete with.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiven61
Yeah just checked play-asia, they are on-back-order. Ebay had only a couple for PS3 and they were $80-$100. I am just a BIG sim player and have always wanted to try this game. May keep checking.

Thanks..

J
Well you don't have to get 2010 if its too pricey at the moment. I ordered PYS6 off gamebaz for $47 and its just to get myself into the series. I haven't received my copy yet but the website seemed legit enough. This is the version that has the WBC so you can play as a good number of american players.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #15
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
How about Konami just sell an English version? There are not many Sim style games to compete with.
Not sure what you're asking...Do you want a version like this with all MLB teams or taking the current title and translating into english?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
Rookie

Shakedown, do you know, does PYS 2010 have a manage only mode like MLB the Show? Just curious.

Thanks..

J

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »