Home

Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

This is a discussion on Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
How about Konami just sell an English version? There are not many Sim style games to compete with.
Well many people care alot for the MLB license, compare the popularity between MVP 05 and NCAA 06, EA haven't developed a new baseball game for some time now if I recall. Many people in NA have no interest in japanesse baseball so making a game focused on japanesse baseball to the NA market maybe doesn't make too much sense financally.

Many of the potential non-japanesse customers end up getting the game anyway since the langauge barrier isn't as daunting as it sounds and now with the translation site it's even easier.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #18
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiven61
Shakedown, do you know, does PYS 2010 have a manage only mode like MLB the Show? Just curious.

Thanks..

J
http://www.spiritstranslation.com/ge.../mainmenu.html

Quote:
Pennant Race: Your Season Mode with a twist. You may play as the whole team, 1 player on the team only (similar to Road to the Show), or Manage.
Seems like it..Though Im sure someone else could give you a more definite answer.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Great site guys thanks! I've been playing Pro Yakyuu for awhile, just "getting around" in exhibition games because I couldn't understand a whole lot. Already though I see a ton of things on your site that now make sense, and I can vouch for this game being a solid baseball sim experience.

If I were to put it into football terms I'd say...

Pro Yakyuu = NFL 2K
The Show = Madden
MLB2K = Backbreaker

I think Pro Yakyuu has the best gameplay & atmosphere. The Show has the best graphics & animation while MLB2K is maybe a couple years from greatness. If they make an English version it will be the best of times for baseball gamers! That's not even including great text sims available such as OOTP, PC Replay Baseball and PureSim.

Also, XBOX360 owners keep in mind Pro Yakyuu also has a PSP version.

Last edited by swaldo; 08-03-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
Rookie

Thanks Shakedown for the info. Think I am gonna give this a try and the translation site will be priceless.

J
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Shakedown, do you know, does PYS 2010 have a manage only mode like MLB the Show? Just curious.

Thanks..

J
I will try to answer your question but will give you a description since I don't remember that mode in the show.

You can play as the manager, being in charge of how the hitter should act when batting: Do you want him to try for a HR or should just try to get good contact on the ball, maybe you want him to bunt to get a runner over to second. Pitcher will get choices like if the should try to strikeout the batter, pitch to contact or pitch around the batter. You also get to control which shift your defense will play.

This mode is both in PYS 6 and PYS 2010 maybe PYS 5 aswell can't remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #22
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yes, and you can even play a one game 'The Show' style RTTS in exhibition games (it's called Field Mode.) The exhibition options and Field Mode are covered in the link below, although I don't think they have the manage mode translated in full yet. I see block signs and defensive shifts listed though.

http://www.spiritstranslation.com/ge...xhibition.html

Last edited by swaldo; 08-03-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
Rookie

Thanks again fellas!

J
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8
I love my PS2 MLB Power Pros on my PS3 so Im sure I would love this game, one question.

Is there an option to turn off the announcers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »