Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions

Apparently the patch messes with custom teams making them all the same ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 22

XBOX 360 PATCH IS LIVE!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 AM   #43
MVP

Real Quick:
+More penalties
+CPU offense flows better
+CPU QB now sees the entire field
+CPU offense no longer audibles into goal line formation every play
+CAMERA!
+Kicking animations were sped up to prevent cheesing
+New plays add a lot more variety
+I am actually being challenged by the AI
-Custom teams are screwed up
-AI does not use juke and spins

Last edited by DavonBrown; 08-06-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I agree what you guys are saying about the Hard difficulty. Right now it feels like "All-Madden." I got beat pretty soundly three times yesterday. I will try Medium from here on.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #45
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Well , I just got the Greathouse update on the 360. Unfortunately I'm kind of stuck in my ways when it comes to playing football games and I was hoping for a more traditional camera view. So since Gamestop is offering a trade in deal, I'll be trading Backbreaker in today toward Madden 11. I do applaud NM for the work they have done, great job, the game is just not for me. I hope if they put out a BB 2 they will consider adding the traditional camera view for us old dogs that have been playing video game football with that view since the beginning of football games. Some times you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Davon, AI uses jukes. Playing a game right now, and the RB is juking me left and right, lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 20

A bit of a mixed bag for me in my first game. Played as the Philadelphia Liberty against the Cincinnati Hogs on Hard. Played on 10 minute quarters which seemed to take forever (wish we had more quarter options, 5 just seems to short, 7 or 8 would be perfect for me) Got smoked 42-10 which defiantly shows the CPU is much more of a challenge after the patch ( not sure it is necessarily a fair challenge on hard though.)

+ CPU QB was much better. Went 25-42 for 329 yards with 4 tds and only 2 ints. Nice to see since my defense was over matched ratings wise in this game.

+ Liked the added plays. Saw a couple interesting ones on offense including a bubble screen which worked for a nice gain when I ran it.

+CPU playcalling was better and more unpredictable. They also seemed to start pounding the ball on the ground when they got the big lead. Only negative with their play calling was I still saw some draws on 3rd and long even before they got the big lead.

+ RB screens seemed more effective. Computer burned me when I blitzed on a couple and I had a couple for decent gains as well.

- WR's dropping balls with any hint of contact seemed as bad as some people were making it out to be. What ticked me off is it seemed that it was only happening to my WR's and not the CPU's. It was ridiculous how many balls my WR's dropped , made me feel like I could only throw to guys who were wide open by 5+ yards. It wouldn't be bad if it was mainly only hard hits or well placed hits that caused drops, but any kind of contact seemed to cause a drop.

- Run blocking for me and the CPU still seemed very poor. Their RB finished with 27 att and only 51 yards, my RB finished with 19 att and 23 yards. Way too many plays on both sides blown up for losses.

- Pass rush seemed incredible uneven. CPU sacked me 10 times ( seemed like the pass rush prepatch ). Their defense is also rated 14 points lower than Philly's offense which made the pass rush they were getting seem ridiculous to me. Meanwhile my team finished with 1 which was actually a result of their linemen backing into the QB on accident. My guys never even came close to him and all my blitzes were picked up perfectly it seemed.

The thing is I liked how the CPU's offense performed except in their running game which makes me hesitant to go down to medium ,even though hard seemed way too unbalanced towards the CPU. It felt like I was playing on All-Madden or something with the boosts the CPU seemed to have and the ridiculous amount of drops my team had.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-06-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Davon, AI uses jukes. Playing a game right now, and the RB is juking me left and right, lol.
Good to hear. I've played 2 games so far and all I've seen them do is attempt a shoulder barge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »