Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #65
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Before I finish reading all the impressions I just wanted to ask why everyone has a problem with the CPU running a draw on 3rd and long?

It is a safe play to call instead of trying to force a pass that may result in a turnover. NFL coaches make this call alot. Hell the Cowboys call it on almost EVERY 3rd and long.
That's for sure. Speaking as a Cowboy fan, it's infuriating...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Before I finish reading all the impressions I just wanted to ask why everyone has a problem with the CPU running a draw on 3rd and long?

It is a safe play to call instead of trying to force a pass that may result in a turnover. NFL coaches make this call alot. Hell the Cowboys call it on almost EVERY 3rd and long.
Well, I have a problem with it because I keep on seeing them call it on a 3rd and 10 or under. If they only called it on 3rd and really long I would understand, but when I see it multiple times on yardages like 3rd and 7 that is a problem. Not to mention most of the time it seems to get stuffed.

Anybody noticing the CPU run game still being lacking? Even on hard they can't seem to get anything going. Not sure what else can be done to get them to run better. Run blocking just doesn't seem to be there. Have almost held a couple RB's to negative yards rushing.

I finding I am stuck between hard and medium. Really like the CPU and Human Passing Game on Hard, but the CPU run defense is just all over me on hard.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-06-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #67
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

It is a safe play to call instead of trying to force a pass that may result in a turnover. NFL coaches make this call alot. Hell the Cowboys call it on almost EVERY 3rd and
long.
Played one game so far with the patch and the results I see are amazing. Saw only a couple of draw plays by the CPU however one of them was genius. Third and long and they spread me out four wide with one back. Draw up the middle and went for a first down.

As others have said the game is more difficult now but in a good way. No more trucking over teams, even on the medium setting. I played on medium and used one of my NFL teams against Anaheim, an average team. Five minute quarters and I got beat 24-14. They scored a touchdown in the last minute because I went for an onside kick and they recovered so really one could say it was 17-14. Both teams rushed for around 60 yards and passed for around 130. One interception by each team.

You can no longer throw into coverage and think about it being completed. But now you have time to switch receivers, something that was nearly impossible pre-patch.

My running back fumbled the ball a couple of times and I lost one of them and it probably cost me the game as I was on a pretty good drive.

Game plays much better now and a big thanks goes out to Natural Motion!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

can someone please post the patch for us non-live users. thank you
Old 08-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #69
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMACK8111
Not sure that can be done, at least I wouldn't know how to do it. If you have a friend with live you might try taking your hard drive and your game to his house see if that would work.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

thanks for the info will check it out
Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just want to thank the BB team and everyone associated with this patch for all of your hard work and dedication! You guys have really taken a step foward in the right direction and I can't wait to see your next installment! I have to say I'm really liking this game a lot. I've played 3 games so far and have seen only 2 total int's and only a handful of sacks. There's some issues coming up on the boards about dropped passes.....yea there's more than before....but I like it! I'll take 3-4 drop passes instead of 3-4 int's anyday!

I'm so glad I have a football game to play this year! Thank You!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #72
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMACK8111
take your xbox to an internet connection anywhere, (use the included cat 5 cable) sign up for a FREE silver account (takes 5 minutes and need email address) and start the game... 30 seconds later you can go back to offline with the patch

good luck

Last edited by Klocker; 08-06-2010 at 02:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »