Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #73
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions

Things I've noticed (as others have as well):
* Better CPU AI on both Offense & Defense
* CPU Punting is far better
* Crowd seems to have more variance
* QB cam lifted slightly - never had a problem with old cam so happy they didn't change it too much
* Added formations really adds a completely new layer of strategy & gameplanning to game & team builds/schemes
* Love that POD's song is only on opening & halftime kickoffs - got annoying.
* RB user collision is much better

Overall it's turned a game that I really enjoyed before into an even more solid product. I hope the review sites go about re-reviewing this one because the Greathouse patch has really changed the way the game plays. I'm not surprised as to what NM did here seeing as I've been following this game since the onset, but for them to have been able to release such a wide-affecting patch on such a small file size shows how truly great this game engine is and can be. Cant' wait to see what additional add-ons, patches or new innovations they add down the line.

Now I really, really have to get on making some custom teams seeing as I'll be playing the heck out of this more. I just don't have the time to make them. Argh

Last edited by elgreazy1; 08-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #74
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
This is a really good patch. Love this game. I don't need to buy madden. I have college and Backbreaker(NFL). More plays, better physics, better gameplay. I love this game.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #75
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

The new QB camera has completely ruined my experience and I cannot play this game in the current state! Hated the QB cam before the patch, and I hate it even more after the patch.

The camera still needs to be raised more IMO and if my TE (who's just a few feet away) is running a quick crossing pattern why does the camera now swing all the way to the left? Half of my view is behind the LOS for crying out loud! Meanwhile, my TE is running to the right side so it doesn't help when my head is jerked all the way to the left so I can't even see what the LB's are doing! The "check blitz" LB button can help but if you have to switch recievers then it jerks and makes me disoriented.

You need to see the middle of the field right after snap to check for blitzers and peek at the safeties! This should be automatic for a split second, you shouldn't have to hold a button. Then the camera would automatically pan over to your primary reciever, but not to the point where we are seeing 30 yards behind his back! The camera should be looking out in front where he will be running towards.

There is nothing "instinctive" about passing, there's way too much worrying about button presses. I was so happy to hear about this major patch, but meh! And yes I know there are work-arounds such as click & hold LB right after the snap, or switching to a primary reciever who's route goes into the middle of the field. I'm just using this play as an example, IMO the camera is too jarring and I don't want to have to think about work-arounds when I have 5 recievers going in different directions on a crucial 3rd and 7.

The text and images below came from the BB forums and I agree completely...

"What is happening now is that the reciever is in the middle of your view instead of at the bottom. so now i hardly see anything infront of the reciever when i snap the ball. So i cant see a linebacker sneaking back into zone to jump an in/slant route, i cant see if the safety drops back into zone 2 or 3 or if he steps up, i cant see if the linebackers blitz me, all i can see is 15 yards behind the WR and 15 yard directly in front of him. i cannot now see any of the middle of the field. I need to be able to keep one eye on the coverage in the first 2 seconds of the snap. I cant do this with the new camera. and I cant do it pressing L1 because its disorientating. the camera they had before...I could see alot more of the field as the play developed."

View before patch:

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/att...8&d=1281045264

View after patch:

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/att...7&d=1281045235

Last edited by swaldo; 08-06-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
... my game froze near the end of the 2nd quarter during a defensive audible ...
Were you continuing from a season / RTBB pre-patch save?

I *think* if you are doing that, then you might just need to re-assign your audibles, as it looks like the new plays that were added have resulted in some mismatch with old savegames - meaning your defensive audibles could have actually been offensive plays!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #77
Rookie

I think they unlocked some stadiums too because i have the revolution dome and another stadium and i've never played RTBB to unlock anything.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

My dropped passes have almost completely disappeared since starting a season. I think I had only 1 last game....and it was a bad throw.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #79
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Thought I'd post this here so it doest get lost in all the other threads. Need more time before I can make a solid impression on the patch.

Greathouse Extended Gameplay Video + Pics

Steelers vs Browns - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6mis7f2PHI

Working on a comparison video of before and after the patch and more gameplay videos and pics.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #80
Rookie

Is there a speed setting for replays? Its like the Keystone cops its so speeded up.
And when the QB drops back hes already locked on the primary receiver now instead of forward?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »