Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdog
Is there a speed setting for replays? Its like the Keystone cops its so speeded up.
And when the QB drops back hes already locked on the primary receiver now instead of forward?
If your push the pause button to stop it than hold the Fwd button down it plays slower.Try jump back and fourth between the pause and play button.That's what I have been doing so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

So is anyone still playing online? If you are, are you using a custom team from RTBB/Season or just one of the current teams?

I want to use my RTBB team but they are so weak. It seems like it will take me forever to get a decent team to take online.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #83
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Played a second game. Jets vs Nashville Predators (a lower rated team). Nashville moved the ball on me pretty well even though I was playing on the medium setting. Predators went up by a field goal and I was having problems running the ball at all but started hitting some passes. Was up 10-3 at half time.

Second half I hit a 44 yard bomb to Brad Smith that set up a field goal. Thing of beauty between two defenders. Predators had a long drive and put it in the endzone for 6, lighting me up with the passing game.

Finally started to get the running game going a bit in the 4th quarter with the T-formation. Was having some success and scored with a halfback pitch out of this formation and went 16 yard for the touchdown. I think I could have went 90 yards as I caught the Predators in an inside linebacker blitz. The free camera replay showed some great blocks on this run.

Won the game 24-13 but was actually out gained 239-219. Here's the real kicker...........NO turnovers by either side!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Thought I'd post this here so it doest get lost in all the other threads. Need more time before I can make a solid impression on the patch.

Greathouse Extended Gameplay Video + Pics

Steelers vs Browns - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6mis7f2PHI

Working on a comparison video of before and after the patch and more gameplay videos and pics.

Those are some nice screen shots man. What camera do you use?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #85
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Those are some nice screen shots man. What camera do you use?
Combination of Avermedia Avertv HD DVR and Fraps. Another video and a few more pics.

Breaking down a few plays - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFWLy5cHAc

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #86
Supporter

OVR: 22

Alright, I just took an L (in O.T no less CPU nailed a 54 yarder), but the A.I has to be smarter in its playcalling. They were up by three with a 1:54 left, and they ran the ball on 3rd down; I had all 3 of my timeouts remaining, but they called their last T.O before I even had a chance to press select to stop the clock for me. They also seemed to love draw plays on 3rd and long. they caught me once for a 30 yard run on 3rd down, but the rest I easily stopped. I also ran into a glitch where the QB wouldn't get out of his pocket stance, and he was invincible momentarily. I couldn't bring him down and he just stayed in that stance and got a 40 yard running gain.

Patch is an improvement no doubt, but some things went unchanged (things that were supposedly addressed in the patch), and I'm seeing some things (bad) that I can't recall was in the game before.

Edit: Do the CPU miss FG's outside of 60 YARDS???

Last edited by Epiffani; 08-06-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Juiced up kickers
Old 08-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #87
Supporter

OVR: 22

Alright, just played a couple of more games and thankfully I didn't run into that QB glitch again and I didn't have to worry about the CPU bad clock management as the games weren't even close (I got shut out last game.) I'm going to have to develop patience now against the A.I because they are no joke on pro/hard (especially on defense). I'm still extremely irritated by defenders jumping in unison during pump fakes because I don't recall that happening pre-patch (at least not to this extreme), but against better teams, it happens less often. I have to play way more to give a FINAL impression because it is a overall better game because of the patch; I'll say that without wavering, but I just hope some of the non-sense that I've seen thus far happens few and far in between.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Just saw the most crazy fumble ever. I punted the ball and the PR caught it and was making his way for the sideline. So, I decided to help him get out of bounds by giving him something to remember me by. The angle I came in was going straight for the ball. It jarred the ball loose violently and it went behind his back colliding with his other elbow propelling the ball forward back by out 8-10 yards or so. One of my special teams guys simply fell on the ball for the fumble recovery. It was a "holy roller" type of moment. I would have recorded it, but my camera isn't working right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »