Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #81
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre74
jesus christ i love those developers. Man crush on both of them from now on lol 2k11 is going to be the goat if all this works out right
the 'man crush' had me lol'ing.

One thing i really hope they fix is the decision process for who doubles when you are trying to double down on a low post player. Say you are playing the Celtics and you want to double KG on the block because he is killing you. You hit the double team button and your team chooses to leave Ray Allen WIDE open to come for the double rather than to leave someone like Rondo or Perkins who couldn't hit a jumper to save their life.

Seriously though it seems they have true hoop fans working on this game which means it is in good hands and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm still playing 2k10 to this day and enjoying it (the longest i have played a basketball game since inside drive) so i can only look forward with hope for what these guys have in store of 2k11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #82
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I hope the best on ball defender will atleast guard the best offensive guy on the opp's team without doing it for the cpu...
Old 08-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 12
Great insight. I love the idea of Gamestyles. Hopefully no more playing around with sliders to get sim stats this year.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuture4sho
I can't cosign this... Wat u mean forget about online.. I love this insight but if all of this don't apply for online meaning the game style don't apply for rank games then this is useless plain n simple.. For offline I can change my sliders however i want it.. Myself n alot others want these options for online.. Offline is cool if dats wat u like most.. But this needs to b online... If not den it's a waste for me.. Ghost

co-sign. "forget online"? get outta here. we already have the ability in 2K10 to use custom sliders offline, which gives us the option to cater to our playstyles in any way we want; so i'm not about to spazz out just because we've been thrown a couple of premade sets of sliders this year. aside from eliminating a trip to the 2K Share part of the menu, this means almost nothing to me if it's not online.

i don't know if mods are instructed to start groveling at the sight of any ol bone they're thrown or what, but online is a big deal to me. being able to use to the Sim playstyle online would be huge
Old 08-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #85
Banned

It looks like there is finally some black people in the crowd, in that Lebron dunk screen. For some reson everyone in the crowd looked like white zombies last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #86
Banned

@ DaFuture4sho if your gonna cheese, why do the game styles even matter to you. I seen how you got exposed on the 2K forums, default should be good for you LMAO.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can't wait to see how the Simulation mode works out.

I just want a slow-mid tempo game, not constant button mashing the turbo button.
Human defence being fun and able to shut down the opposition scorer by doing all the defence basics ie hand in face should cause the cpu to shoot a lower % . Not just shoot the ball through the hand or do a running sideways floating 3pointer with two defenders on him.

If all that fails fluid animations that was in 2k8 and earlier. The previous two incarnations have felt like the players couldn't move in a 360 degree motion which made running plays abit of a chore.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #88
Pro

OVR: 14

Yep, great read!

Will we really be able to play a 12 min quarter sim game out-of-the box with realistic stats to go along?

Tired of adjusting sliders in the first month of the game, so really hopin for this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »