Home

Gran Turismo 5 Video: Damage

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Video: Damage within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Video: Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by killah13600
do the damage really matter?? like who even wants to crash a beautiful realistic looking car anyway??
Just lean how drive & not crash SMH
Yes, damage is very important imo. If I crash it should affect me, and I'd like a visual indicator of how bad it is and by that I don't mean just a little icon.

Crashes are going to happen sooner or later, and if a big one does happen, I definitely don't want everyone coming out of it looking like they just rubbed up against each other. I'll wait until the final poduct to see exactly how well they did. I know that it actually looked ok during one of their rally videos, but it would suck if they don't implement it right everywhere.

Codemasters is way ahead of all companies in this regard (Grid, Dirt 1&2). They've had the best graphics to date (until this comes out probably) in Dirt 2 and the game was beautiful whether you crashed it or not.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
Having read the impression over at RobGroove I can't help but feel that a further delay to the release of GT5 is looking possible.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

The damage was obviously toned down in the game compared to real life. Reason being GT5 is not primarily about crashing your car into a wall, If the damage affects performance and looks slightly more drastic it'd be perfect. Also maybe they have a slider of sorts to make it more dramatic. I don't think they're intended for damage to destroy a car and make you retire from a race.

My advice, keep your cool, there have been videos where the car is flipping upside down and all sorts so I have to believe this is just a fraction of things to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

As long as their damage system is comparable to Forza's I'm good. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING less is a disappointment.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hopefully there is more tuning parts compared to Gran Turismo 4, Carbon fiber hoods are welcomed if they actually add to performance. Good to see the course maker is actually confirmed but its not something you would find in other games like Modnation, B-spec looks better, and kart races may be fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »