Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

I get about 12 carries for -3 yards every game, but I throw 28-35 and 2 touchdowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I get about 12 carries for -3 yards every game, but I throw 28-35 and 2 touchdowns.
LOL yea me to.

I don't know why they messed with the run blocking though. Just add the stumble feature of tapping A and fix the pass blocking + the pass accuracy.

The more I play the game the more it pushes me away though. The tackles are amazing don't get me wrong. But the general football feel of speed, agility, and power is just not there.

The power is there to a degree but the players have to much of a floaty weight to them once they leave the ground so you get these weird things with players floating being pushed through the air by a runner. Just looks bad.

Then the agility & speed is just horrible. The runners have this real up right running. They cut as if they weight 400lbs, instead of planting and cutting at full speed.

I enjoy the game for the difference of what it offers. But it is seriously lacking in some really key areas. So glad NCAA 11 came out so good this year!!!!!

Try and create a finesse back such as Chris Johnson. See how he runs and plants in BB. You would swear you have Earl Campbell instead.

You won't see this is BB. This whole video shows what BB is lacking in the speed/agility department
Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #163
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Is the running game that bad user vs user?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #164
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Is the running game that bad user vs user?
It is the same. D-line in the backfield almost instantly far to often. Not much you can do to prevent it when you getting hit right as you receive the ball on a hand off.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #165
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I guess I will find out tonight. Either way, with as much as they patched in, I knew they would "break" something. I expect them to put out a second much smaller patch to fix it since it seems to be a consistant complaint. I have a lot of patience for these guys. I kept saying all I want is another football game and I have it so I will deal with the shortcomming for a first version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #166

OVR: 34

I'm getting yards rushing, it's just I don't feel it is very natural. I don't feel like I'm following my blockers. I feel more like I'm faking everyone out.

I still love the challenge of this game's passing though. I'm having very competitive games.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #167
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm getting yards rushing, it's just I don't feel it is very natural. I don't feel like I'm following my blockers. I feel more like I'm faking everyone out.
You absolutely nailed it, and that's exactly what I was alluding to a few pages back when I say I run away from my o-line instead of following them. I have no problem accumulating yards; more carries= more yards for me, but as you said/put it, it's more like faking out the defense i.e catching them in a bad formation against the run and being elusive afterwards.

Last edited by Epiffani; 08-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #168
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Played a couple of games on medium today.
First game my created St. Louis Rams (me)against the Philedelphia Liberty. I lost 12-0. Just couldn't get anything going. Fumbled as I was going in for a touchdown early in the game. Passing was OK, I threw for around 150 yards but only ran for 36.

Second game my Arizona Cardinals (me) against the Birmingham Iron. I won 30-0. Capitalized off one fumble and two picks. This game I ran for 80 yards but the running game is real hit and miss. I would hit a run for 13 yards and the next run I would lose 3 yards. Passed for again around 150 and didn't turn the ball over at all.

It wouldn't hurt for the developers to tweek the running game a bit for both the CPU and the User. Here's hoping they will!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »