Home

NHL 11 Blog: Talking About Hustle with Redshirt

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Blog: Talking About Hustle with Redshirt within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 11 Blog: Talking About Hustle with Redshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
You will fatigue in EASHL, the recovery rate while on the ice is just a lot higher than in a game where line changes exist. Putting attribute points into Endurance makes a big difference now.
Excellent stuff

Can you tell if the amount of xp has changed then for online Bap as there´s more stats and all of them have an effect now?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Why does it remind me off the 2K sprint and speedburst buttons.
That ^^

The only problem was 2K should have gotten rid of the speed burst and kept sprint. They got rid of the speed burst in 2k11 according to info released but I don't they kept sprint, which they should have.

Anyway, great addition EA. It will make the game much more realistic and representative of the real sport.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 14
I just want to here about Be a GM Mode
Old 08-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #20
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
I just want to here about Be a GM Mode
That's twice now.

Patience is a virtue my good man. I'm sure in time you will have all the info you desire.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #21
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I like what we heard regarding hustle and it clears up a few things I was unsure of even after using it at the event (we all seemed a bit confused by it). But I think this is my favorite tidbit:

Quote:
Another change to skating control is that your player will glide a lot further when you release the left stick, so coasting around is a lot easier and when you are doing that you do not fatigue.
I know I was more than a touch redundant in calling for more momentum in skating at the community event. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and not only will players glide more, but also require more effort to move against their momentum.

Jason, was this in effect in the build I played? I thought skating felt a little "heavier", but I couldn't put my finger on why...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I like what we heard regarding hustle and it clears up a few things I was unsure of even after using it at the event (we all seemed a bit confused by it). But I think this is my favorite tidbit:

I know I was more than a touch redundant in calling for more momentum in skating at the community event. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and not only will players glide more, but also require more effort to move against their momentum.

Jason, was this in effect in the build I played? I thought skating felt a little "heavier", but I couldn't put my finger on why...
IMO the biggest problem the series has had up till now is the lack of weight in the players, so that they look like floating on the ice rather than skating. Did you really notice an improvement in this area?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #23
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
IMO the biggest problem the series has had up till now is the lack of weight in the players, so that they look like floating on the ice rather than skating. Did you really notice an improvement in this area?
Like I said above, the build I played felt "heavier"... I know that's quite vague, but it was hard to pinpoint exactly why it felt as such. An independent source who played it at E3 agreed. Tuning can change a lot in a few months, so I have my fingers crossed that I'll get the same feeling from the retail version.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #24
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Like I said above, the build I played felt "heavier"... I know that's quite vague, but it was hard to pinpoint exactly why it felt as such. An independent source who played it at E3 agreed. Tuning can change a lot in a few months, so I have my fingers crossed that I'll get the same feeling from the retail version.
I'm also wondering whether they were able to implement any sort of visual (head down or something) indicator that your player was hustling since the build we played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »