Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Patch #2 Official

CPU running is improved, I can confirm that.

Vandy @ GT (CPU)

Default AA to test

GT isn't running that well...but in the open field they make better moves. Haven't seen the shoulder down and they went outside the hashes which I have not seen before.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #18
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Have you noticed better CPU running, and less cpu quick snapping so far?
Yes to both. I was Mizzou playing against Kansas, and their RB had about 85 yards by the end of the 3rd on a little over 4 ypc average (I quit after 3 quarters to try something else). Granted I had CPU running ability on 60 and my run defense on like 40. This was on All-American. They also ran a smart option play, where the QB didn't pitch the ball to the RB until the last second. They only got 3 yards, but at least they ran it the right way.

Also, I actually encroached once because I was so used to a quick snap that I assumed I would time it correctly. I also noticed that the CPU would jump the snap count more unless I mixed in a fake snap every now and then.

I'm also seeing less psychic DBs and more tight coverage. The smothering man coverage still seems a bit forced at times but it looks a lot less obvious, and quicker WRs will pull away faster now. I even have the CPU pass coverage set at 60.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's my impressions after one half with 10 min quarters then I gotta go to work.

- Uniforms getting dirty was not very noticable at all by halftime, may be a subtle change

- Hum QB accuracy seems better, the QB will lead the receiver more attempting to keep the ball away from the defender

- I had my DL on Aggressive the whole time without a penalty, still doesn't seem to be much downside to gameplanning aggressive

- I was playing as Wyoming against Air Force because I wanted to see how the computer was at running the football now. The CPU RB seemed to be making better decisions, but honestly I don't know if that was placebo or not. There really wasn't a time where the CPU RB could have bounced outside in that half, so its hard to say
Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #20
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
That was me. I feel like the CPU is too accurate when throwing in that situation. I'd like to see more wobblers and errant throws when the CPU QB gets hit or is about to get hit. As it is now, they fire off perfect spirals and hit their target the same as if there was no pass rush at all.
Hm. I always had the opposite impression. Before, it seemed like the CPU would lob it up sky high to whoever just happened to be close by when they were rushed, and I would always be able to swat it down in time because they put so much touch on it.

Let me clarify that in this situation, I was sending three extra defenders (7 overall) and this guy was wide open. The pass itself only went about 25 yards and the WR ran it the rest of the way.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #21
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm a bit of a noob, but how do I download the patch and tuner? Does it automatically download when I turn on the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #22
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm a bit of a noob, but how do I download the patch and tuner? Does it automatically download when I turn on the game?
If you are connected to the internet it will automatically prompt you when you start the game to download the patch. The tuner will be prompted when the game welcome screen boots up.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

So I guess the horrible elusiveness/juke ratings of the WR recruits is just not going to be fixed?

Disappointing. Oh well, Madden's out.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #24
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

What about progression in dynasty mode??? I'm in the last game of my season and would like to know if it is ok to move forward as I have a fantastic recruiting class with my one star scrub team builder team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »