Home

Colin McRae: DiRT 3 Trailer

This is a discussion on Colin McRae: DiRT 3 Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #9
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
by the way, i'm a ford fan, so yeah, being a fan had nothing to do with this, i'm a ford fan first, a subaru fan second
Old 08-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 3 Trailer

Mag spills DiRT 3 details

Quote:
The recently-revealed Codemasters racer DiRT 3, due out on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next year, will have "snow and ice, dynamic weather, YouTube uploads, fierce rides and **** tracks, splitscreen support, party modes, an open-world playground and more real-life sponsors and stars than ever," according to the latest issue of Edge magazine.

In the mag, which landed on Eurogamer's desk this morning, chief game designer Matt Horsman says DiRT 3 "is the biggest rally game ever made".

A new career mode emphasises working and racing as a team, and starts you off as a "privateer" racing cars from the 90s.

There's a mix of modern and classic cars, with the odd legend like the Morris Cooper dropped in just for fun.

There are super buggies and RAID trucks, too. All the vehicles are more detailed than before, we're told.

100 routes are promised, stretching from Norway, Aspen and Monte Carlo to the plains of Africa.

You can trim your replays and upload them to YouTube. There's a combo system that analyses how close your car is to obstacles before working out your score.

Codies has ditched DiRT 2's divisive festival-themed menus and replaced them with a "more stylised" front end. The UK publisher/developer reckons it's got the balance of appealing to US and European fans "bang on" in terms of voice-over and narrative.

And, of course, there are party modes, namely: Transporter, Goldrush, Outbreak and Cat 'n' Mouse.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Exploding Semi Trailers FTW !!! After seeing this trailer, WRC just got my pre-order money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

"100 routes are promised, stretching from Norway, Aspen and Monte Carlo to the plains of Africa."

I'm nowhere near a racing game expert so can anyone shed some light as to what exactly "100 routes" means? I'm assuming this means regular tracks, mirrored tracks and maybe alternate paths on the same track, yes? Like a lot of you guys, I'm really hoping for a return to real rally, so Norway, Aspen and Monte Carlo sounds a little promising.

Also, I'll be keeping an eye on the WRC game. I had not heard of it until coming to this thread. Is there a release date there? How is it looking in comparison to Dirt?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 3 Trailer

The DiRT series are pretty much games that contains several off-road racing disciplines but doesn't place added emphasis on any of them. So while rallying is covered in DiRT 3 to a degree, I wouldn't expect many of the features in the game that will stick enough with this discipline to qualify DiRT 3 as a legitimate rally racing game.

As for the "100 routes" comment, I suspect this means 100 different stages which includes normal and reversible stages for several different locations. The previous DiRT games had reversed stages, so I imagine the latest one in the series will have them too.

And the official WRC game developed by Milestone is scheduled for release in Europe on October 8 and a few weeks later in other areas. No definite date has been given for release in North America. However, it will eventually be released over here for certain now that Black Bean Games has found a publisher to distribute their games over the pond.

Kruza
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
The DiRT series are pretty much games that contains several off-road racing disciplines but doesn't place added emphasis on any of them. So while rallying is covered in DiRT 3 to a degree, I wouldn't expect many of the features in the game that will stick enough with this discipline to qualify DiRT 3 as a legitimate rally racing game.

As for the "100 routes" comment, I suspect this means 100 different stages which includes normal and reversible stages for several different locations. The previous DiRT games had reversed stages, so I imagine the latest one in the series will have them too.

And the official WRC game developed by Milestone is scheduled for release in Europe on October 8 and a few weeks later in other areas. No definite date has been given for release in North America. However, it will eventually be released over here for certain now that Black Bean Games has found a publisher to distribute their games over the pond.

Kruza
Thanks, man. I just want to do some classic rallying. I hope one of these games can make that happen.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Well if there's anyone else out there wondering about the "100 routes" I've done a small amount of research. For those who have played DiRT 2, you can put the 100 routes for DiRT 3 in perspective by knowing that DiRT 2 had 41 routes. I was dissapointed in the amount of true rally courses in DiRT's second iteration so hopefully more than doubling the routes somehow adds a fair amount of rally course options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

If this game is the same a Dirt 2 I may go with WRC instead. Dirt 2 is a good game but it does too little of a lot. I'd rather do a lot of one or two types of races then a little of 5 or 6 types of races.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »