Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #225

OVR: 34
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

I'm really busy these days, but I have been able to pop it in on and off. I'm starting to get frustrated with the running game, but I still think it's ok. I don't want to see my RB getting 125 YDs on 15 carries. DavonBrown mentioned he had 85 yards on 31 carries. That's not the best numbers, but I think it's close.

In this game, when you run for 3 yards, it just doesn't feel like that's what you did. There have been times I got smacked early and it says 2 yard gain. I'm thinking I got nothing. So, I'm going to still practice the running game. It should not be that I'm getting 5 yards a carry on most plays, and I think as it is now I'm almost at a good football average.

I still have a lot to get used to. This game plays nothing like the last 15+ years of video game football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #226
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm really busy these days, but I have been able to pop it in on and off. I'm starting to get frustrated with the running game, but I still think it's ok. I don't want to see my RB getting 125 YDs on 15 carries. DavonBrown mentioned he had 85 yards on 31 carries. That's not the best numbers, but I think it's close.

In this game, when you run for 3 yards, it just doesn't feel like that's what you did. There have been times I got smacked early and it says 2 yard gain. I'm thinking I got nothing. So, I'm going to still practice the running game. It should not be that I'm getting 5 yards a carry on most plays, and I think as it is now I'm almost at a good football average.

I still have a lot to get used to. This game plays nothing like the last 15+ years of video game football.
It's the opposite for me right now. When I find a hole and get past the LOS, I get so excited. Especially on runs to the outside, it's like I dodge a tackle, outrun another, and get all excited then the "2 yrd gain" comes up.

In all seriousness, although it needs to be tweaked, I love that level of satisfaction the game gives you. Even a 5 yard run just feels great. I don't have this reaction when I pickup 5 yards in Madden.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #227
Rookie

Sunday HD's Arena

OVR: 2

is this game worth buying? Any improvements that would make the game better next year. What annoys me is that everyone is wearing visors
Old 09-26-2010, 05:09 AM   #228
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday HD
is this game worth buying? Any improvements that would make the game better next year. What annoys me is that everyone is wearing visors
Most would say no, it really depends on what you want out of a football game. Even supporters seem to agree it's currently a broken game though after the patch, they had to post a sticky on the official forums asking people to stop posting threads about the broken running game.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #229
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday HD
If there's one thing I can say (two things actually), it's that this will be the only football game I'm playing for the next year... and unless Madden improves its game next year (to better suit my wants), I'm holding onto hope it will be the only football game I play for two years. What I mean by that is I hope NM aren't going out and releasing BB2 next year. I hope they take another two years to improve their game, because frankly they have a long way to go.

At least they've given me enough for this year, that's as much as I can say I suppose.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 3

For those still on the fence and using 360s, this game is infinitely better with the fan-made "Backbreaker NFL 11" patch. The run game is fixed, QBs get accurate pocket times, etc. The only real problems are some wonky physics reactions and overly clutch FG kickers. Still, the former problem happens all the time with other games using Euphoria--happens to me in RDR and GTA4 all the time. That doesn't make either of those much less enjoyable. Actually, it happens rarely enough that it's mostly just humorous stuff like Exorcist-style heads.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #231
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just downloaded the patch...seems have to fixed a crash for me.

Cheers,
John
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »