Home

NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 11 Demo Arrives in North America on Tuesday Aug. 17th (EU 18th), Details Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Oh, and does anyone know if the team name you pick in the demo for UT carries over to the retail game? I want to try UT but need to think of a good name first if that's the case.
I've understood that you're only able to earn card packs for the real thing by playing the demo. So no name carries over.

http://canucks.nhl.com/ - http://www.seahawks.com - http://www.saipa.fi/
Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #18
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 11 Demo Arrives in North America on Tuesday Aug. 17th (EU 18th), Details Incl

It isn't your actual team for HUT. The players you get are much too good.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 11 Demo Available Now (360)

Just started my first 3rd period, not 10 seconds in Carter scores against me on a rebound bat in, and it gets reviewed and overturned from no goal to goal. Hell of a way to start things off here lol
Old 08-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #20
NHL 2K11 Producer

OVR: 5

I am digging the card game. Probably because that's the only way to play a full game right now though haha. But it should get interesting when we can play others.

EDIT: nevermind, you still only play 1 period. The first game just felt longer. Oh well, in 2 periods my boy John Tavares had 2 goals. Do we get to keep these players for the retail version?

Last edited by We Want The Cup; 08-17-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #21
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

You play the Spitfires first, against Taylor Hall!

Doesn't look like you can mess with the sliders.

YOU CAN SHUT PUCK SHADOW OFF!!!! Also you can change the puck size...?? Don't get that, but whatever.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott

Last edited by CS10029; 08-17-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

Well I'm sold. The game just feels more gritty and real, from puck physics where it can get knocked loose pretty easy to the hitting feeling just more solid to the rebounds off tenders. It doesn't feel totally different from 10, just alot more refined.

Love all the new little subtle overlays in the score ticker as well, face off %, shots on goal etc. nice touch. I've already seen a couple new cut scenes as well.

AI seems alot smarter as well though it may be just me getting used to the new feel of the game.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

how do the goalies look? also, do you see any new cameras??
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #24
NHL 2K11 Producer

OVR: 5

Not too happy with a few of the goals scored against me. A few where the goalie made a save, the puck popped up and he just stared at it and then shuffled into it, pushing it into the net. The goals I scored have been nice and satisfying though. And the hits I have been laying with Chara have FELT nice. Not sure about how it looks though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »