Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Physics Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Physics Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Elite 11: Exclusive Physics Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
All the WIP graphics don't hold up and are really throwing off my perception of this upcoming game. Live 10 looked better than this WIP stuff, graphically.

Back to topic, the physics looks really good. Still lots of tweaking to be done, I'm sure.
Really? I think the colors, jerseys, skin textures and player models look much improved over Live '10.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: new nba elite video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp2 Triz
not impressed... 2k is going to dominate this year once again
You should have left it at 'not impressed'.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I really liked the video the things they are adding in through this physics system are great. If we are looking from an animation standpoint only 2K has had these thing for a while.

On the gameplay side of things though this looks completely different then what 2K offered. In that game it's more of an animation playing out (or 2 animations blending) rather then a real time sequence.

The scene where Blatche had the ball poked was interesting to me b/c thats a real time thing. One player went for a steal and he knocked it loose it wasn't an animation blend it was just a real time occurance.

Overall as I'm seeing the physics system more at work I'm starting to see why EA went this direction. This is something that will help them compete with 2K because it will give them that emergent and varied gameplay thats been in their competitions game for years.

The quality of animations definitely won't be up to snuff this year, but the feel and overall effect of the physics system should add a lot to this years game.

Last edited by Jano; 08-17-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ewwww.. PS2? just kidding good trailer
Old 08-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

this one is impressive.. i really love the RTP, i can argue this to be the foundation to completely change the way we play a basketball videogame..
Lookin' forward to see what's going to happen with this title, but i want to say BRAVO to the developers to try to create a whole different type of game from Live.

P.S. Very nice the off the board move by BJ, is that in-game, stepsix?

Last edited by sonatine73; 08-17-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

the little things in this video are what has me intrigued as well as the off the board, self alley...I think the graphics this year are better than live 10 tbh. Skin textures look more real than what they had last year. I still think tweaks are being made (hopefully) because that standing alley that gooden caught was definitely a sore to see in that video
Old 08-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Elite is suffering from the same thing as pass Live titles the players just move wired, so even with the addition of their physics engine people are just going to see Live because of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I really hope they can work out those visual kinks next year though because these guys move a lil too robotic at times.

I also would love to see some normal speed vids too because these slowed down videos are really highlighting the games animation flaws.

I'm sure a lot of the sliding and stiff movements are going to look a bit better at full speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »