Home

NBA 2K11: Is it the Shoes? (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11: Is it the Shoes? (ESPN Videogames) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K11: Is it the Shoes? (ESPN Videogames)

Check out the new NBA 2K11 article from Jon Robinson, titled Is it the Shoes?

Quote:
"... as gamers play through "NBA 2K11" they will constantly be rewarded with new pairs of cyber shoes. There are 40 shoes total in the game including 25 pairs of Air Jordans along with the CP3s, Melo 5s, and other shoes from the Jordan line to fill out the closet. But it's not about scoring 80 points in a game or grabbing 22 rebounds in order to unlock certain pairs. It's all about time invested.

"The way they unlock is every couple of hours you get a new pair," explains Boenisch. "The shoes also have attributes on them, so this becomes really beneficial both in My Player and MJ Creating a Legend mode. And shoes can be unlocked anywhere in the game, whether you're playing online or franchise or practice mode. Your timer is always running and shoes are always unlocking.

"And the order you get them in is random. It's strategically random where the rarest shoes in real life are the hardest to get and are unlocked toward the end while the common ones are unlocked upfront. But if you and I are playing next to each other at the same time, we're going to unlock shoes in a different order. So you can show your friend that you got the Jordan 12s, but maybe he got the 1s and 23s."
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K11: Is it the Shoes? (ESPN Videogames)

so...i take it that the next insight will be about accessories? seeing how ESPN videogames was one of the first to break the news on Jordan challenge...

EDIT: i dont know about this attribute that comes with the shoes....id like to play MY PLAYER without any boosts and wear some nice kicks...

Last edited by Goffs; 08-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
damn i never noticed those are the exact same shoes im wearing right now hahahaha
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks for the link, Steve.

Quote:
That's because in past "NBA 2K" games, Nike has only allowed 2K Sports to feature a select few pairs of Jordans per title.
I was going back and forth with Pared awhile back about this issue. It never made sense to me why the various shoe companies allowed the competition more access than 2K. Maybe that will change now that 2K is the leader in basketball?

Quote:
"The way they unlock is every couple of hours you get a new pair," explains Boenisch. "The shoes also have attributes on them, so this becomes really beneficial both in My Player and MJ Creating a Legend mode. And shoes can be unlocked anywhere in the game, whether you're playing online or franchise or practice mode. Your timer is always running and shoes are always unlocking.
Hmm, sounds awfully like NBA 2K6 and its 24/7 mode. The shoes would be unlocked through play and had different attribute boosts attached to them.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-18-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Thanks for the article, Steve.

I love it that all the AJ's are in the game, but other than the AJ's there are only 15 different shoes?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

"We have so many shoe heads into our game that when we put out our first trailer for 'NBA 2K11', people were doing freeze frames and capturing screen grabs of the Space Jam shoes he has on in the video. They cut out Michael entirely and put a little box around the shoes to show off that the Space Jams are in the game. All I have to say is people like this are going to be so happy this year."

space jams in the trailer? i most of watch the wrong one
Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for the article, Steve.

I love it that all the AJ's are in the game, but other than the AJ's there are only 15 different shoes?
Since this was a Jordan/Nike-centric article, I am hopeful the "40" only refers to the number of Jordan Brands included (or Nike/Jordan combined). Otherwise, yeah, 15 would seem to be running it a little thin.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea he just totally made up that Space Jam Jordans in the trailer right? Or did I miss something? Do love that they unlock on a timer, that was if u spend all your time online, or all association, or all myPlayer, it won't matter. U'll still get the unlockables. Good job. Ha....Space Jam J's

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »