Home

NBA 2K11 Video: Team Introduction and Gameplay, From Gamescom Demo (Xboxworldch)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: Team Introduction and Gameplay, From Gamescom Demo (Xboxworldch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: New video - Team Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
I am loving the intro. How awesome would it be if they let us edit the broadcast intro music this year. That would feel so legit.
Yeah, especially for the Jordan Challenge. But I'm on PS3, so not likely
for me anyway
Old 08-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

plus in the first shot he pulls his hands back in the second he poses or follows thru

my only concern is why dwade lay the ball so high off the glass even tho he was wide open
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
I like how everyone was pointing to their side of the court when the shot went out of bounds.

It's the little things.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think I just saw a different shot for Haslem than I did in another video. He was wide open in the other but this one he pumped, freed himself up, then got off a very quick shot. Does this mean players have a different shot for when their wide open (set shot) than they do when they're covered (off the dribble, jump shot)? If so then...

I can't properly express myself for fear of being moderated in some way for foul exclamations, so just picture someone pumping their fists shouting a slew of excited bleeps.

Edit: Watched it again and you can see the example in this vid:

Watch Haslem shoot at 7:52 then again at 8:35. The shots are different.

*continues excitedly cursing a blue streak*
Momentum shots man.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Nice intro!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #21
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
I like how everyone was pointing to their side of the court when the shot went out of bounds.

It's the little things.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think I just saw a different shot for Haslem than I did in another video. He was wide open in the other but this one he pumped, freed himself up, then got off a very quick shot. Does this mean players have a different shot for when their wide open (set shot) than they do when they're covered (off the dribble, jump shot)? If so then...

I can't properly express myself for fear of being moderated in some way for foul exclamations, so just picture someone pumping their fists shouting a slew of excited bleeps.

Edit: Watched it again and you can see the example in this vid:

Watch Haslem shoot at 7:52 then again at 8:35. The shots are different.

*continues excitedly cursing a blue streak*

If this is true then I am nearly giddy. Seriously nearly giddy that means that players sometimes leave there hand up on the release mostly when open in real life and usually don't when covered. So if this is in the game then this is great news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #22
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Loved this video. The cpu was killing this guy. I loved the segment where the cpu forced Haywood to pick up his dribble on the top left side of the court with good D-I've been missing that element alot.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #23
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

One thing I've wanted since 2K2-2K3 is player introductions. Why is this is so difficult to do? Both Live and 2K had this last generation and haven't had it this generation. The closest we get is the screen shot of all five players. That's solid but I think it would add a lot more by adding introductions.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #24
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

Loved seeing toward the end of the video the Mav players taking baseline shots and MISSING. Does that really mean the baseline BS is out. And I've said this in the other video forums, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL THE MISSES. That's real basketball. If they up the fouls so we can finally get rid of all the constant reaching during online games, this game will finally be closer to the real thing. Please, Mike Wang, please up the fouls online. Stop all the reaching. And the tipped passes are awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »