Home

Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Exclamation Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings

Quick update for Madden fans
by Ian Cummings 08/21/10 10:41 AM

First off, you may or may not have noticed some news that was recently propped to your consoles regarding online quitters. The number one issue that we heard loud and clear out of the community was that rampant quitting had become a major problem in the online experience, both in ranked games and Madden Ultimate Team games. Well we were able to work on this over the last week and then deploy some quick fixes to the server to help deter this practice. The fixes were as follows:

1. Any quitter / disconnecter in a ranked game will automatically be given a loss. The victim will automatically be given a win.

2. We are currently monitoring the leaderboards and planning on zero’ing out the stats of any accounts found to be using quitting tactics (via high DNF / win percentages and game logs). This monitoring will be standard practice moving forward as well, as we have built in notifications to our server team that will automatically zero out any folks caught “boosting”, or using one account to quit immediately and award a win.

3. In a Madden Ultimate Team game, a person quitting will have a game burned off of his contracts for the players in the game to discourage this practice. The victim will always receive coins, prorated based on the percentage complete of the game (i.e. if it’s the 1st quarter, he’ll only get ¼ of the coins he would have gotten if he were to finish, if it’s at the end of the game, he’ll get ~90%, etc). The same note applies as above on anyone caught “boosting” after this fix is rolled out – they will be punished with bans, contract removals, or any other tactics we see fit.

4. We also found an issue where PDLC OTP boosts were being subtracted incorrectly. Anyone that had this happen has had their boost coin purchase refunded.

One thing I should note is that there is a bit of a trade-off with stats with the auto-loss / auto-win implementation. Since we wanted to roll this out as quickly as possible, there is one thing to be aware of in that average stats will take a hit when a quit occurs. What I mean by this is that if you have played 3 games and are averaging 100 rush yards per game, if a quit occurs, your rush average will drop down to 75 since you have a 4th game with zero stats. We will look into addressing this down the line but we wanted to get the fix out for the quitters as soon as possible.

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:
  • Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
  • Generally making pass defense more effective
  • Reducing number of broken tackles
  • Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
  • Tuning injuries
  • Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
  • Improving play action blocking
  • Improving kick return blocking
  • Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
  • Random stability improvements
Hopefully this should give you a glimpse of our current priorities and our continued commitment to keeping Madden NFL 11 relevant and giving you an enjoyable experience over the entire year. We continue to listen for any and all top issues, and the list above is by no means all inclusive or locked so feel free to drop by the EA Forums to provide any feedback on things you want fixed.

Lastly, thanks to all of you for buying and playing Madden NFL 11…see you on the gridiron!

Source - Madden NFL 11 Blog
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Any word on a patch?

Thanks but that's only about rankings and disconnects.

They need to address pass defense, default ranked games settings, more reliable network connections.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

And it shouldn't rain every single day in Jacksonville.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 08-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Thanks but that's only about rankings and disconnects.

They need to address pass defense, default ranked games settings, more reliable network connections.
Maybe you need to read it again, this is taken from the second half of the blog:

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:
- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
- Generally making pass defense more effective
- Reducing number of broken tackles
- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
- Tuning injuries
- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
- Improving play action blocking
- Improving kick return blocking
- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
- Random stability improvements
Hopefully this should give you a glimpse of our current priorities and our continued commitment to keeping Madden NFL 11 relevant and giving you an enjoyable experience over the entire year. We continue to listen for any and all top issues, and the list above is by no means all inclusive or locked so feel free to drop by the EA Forums to provide any feedback on things you want fixed.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Improve kickoff returns? I returning to many now. I use niners with Ted Ginn. I just had 3 punt returns for tds last night. One for 106 and the other was last play of the game. The game was tied the punted it and I returned for a td. I use my skill and the run slider is at 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
Exclamation Madden Update Info!

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...Id=quickupdate I just found this on EASports. It's not alot but it is some info on the updates!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

man pass defense should b in tha 1st update not the end of september
Old 08-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ian just posted a blog on the ea site, said they have plans for a patch around the first week of the season, and trying to have another one come out at the end of September.

here's the link

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...Id=quickupdate
I read update on the things they plan to work on for the second patch.The one have item that list I'm having trouble understanding right now is they are working on the pass rush defense. The D Pass rush ain't really the problem at this point. The only problem right now is that the AI QB always throws the ball away when you get near him or throws it away while been sacked. They need to work on that. And please EA do not make the AI D anymore poweful then it already. It's the Human D that is need more work.
But again the AI QB is what the problem is for the lack of D not getting a whole of sacks. I have no problem really getting pass rush pressure on the AI QB. It's just the AI most of the time gets it off and throws into traffic all the time to avoid taking sacks. But other then that. The list looks decent.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »