Home

Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
I have already posted my feedback last week on their site and will go back and give more things I've found that need patching but in regards to the short list posted, these are the ones I care about:

Generally making pass defense more effective
Reducing number of broken tackles
Tuning injuries
Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic - I don't use Gameflow but CPU play call logic definitely needs to be fixed
Improving play action blocking
Improving kick return blocking
Random stability improvements

And as for that QB thing, I've definitely spoke about it, already. It's RIDICULOUS how the CPU QB just gets off throws in the middle of being sacked or near sacked yet MY QB can't even come close to getting those type throws off. And the blocking, in general, is lopsided. CPU gets GREAT blocking yet my Jets offensive line has some of the hardest time blocking anyone, including Mangold. Not to mention, lead blockers most times don't have a clue who to block. They seem to get confused and stop then try to go after someone. Sometimes, they're even chasing guys BEHIND and out of the play...

Eh, I'm just going to stop there. This game frustrates me...although I am undefeated on All Pro. I find my way but, still, with a shining example of NCAA 11 that's made by the SAME company with the SAME basic engine with the SAME core gameplay upgrades on the SAME gen of consoles, it just upsets me that Madden doesn't play the same on a basic level because NFL football is my love. I'm a bit heartbroken by this Madden.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:20 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
3) I haven't had that happen to me since I played the demo.
I have. At first, it wasn't happening in the retail version, but then it started rearing it's ugly head. Some of the most inconsequential plays getting tossed into the ole Dorito Bag.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is good to hear for me since I only play online, but does anyone know if they will be patching in the ONLINE STATS TAB (like the one the had in M10, it made it really easy to not only see you stats/played game history, but your opponents as well) I hope they do but doubt they will as I havent seen much from the Madden community on the topic? Does anyone know anything about it getting patched or feel me on this??
Old 08-22-2010, 03:44 AM   #20
Rookie

Does anyone know if the Live Weather option will be put back in for online games? I WANT IT BACK!!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #21
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings

Ok, I know these aren't hugely important but as we've listed everything else I'll just add them.

Can we fix the odd celebrations? Like a team celebrating that I stopped their 4th down attempt or that they missed their field goal, or that I got a first down against them etc. This has been going on for years now. It just smacks of EA not finishing their game properly.

Also, live weather doesn't seem to work properly unless it really was snowing heavily in Green Bay the other day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Any word on a patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsai
And it shouldn't rain every single day in Jacksonville.
I live in Jacksonville and it rains every day and, what about the game last night? 2 hour delay!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
WE NEED SERIOUS EQUIPMENT UPDATE TOO>>>IM TIRED OF SEEING TROY POLAMALU WITH WRONG LENGTH HAIR AND EQUIPMENT NOT BEING UP TO PAR WITH HIS REAL LIFE GLOVES AND CLEATS and HAIR
Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #24
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Quick Update From Ian Cummings

Any word on patching the dirty uni's thing?
So far, it is my understanding that the dirty uni's are in the game, they are currently just sporadic. By that I mean you could play a rain game in san fran and the uni's not be dirty. It is not site specific though. Sometimes it happens, other times it does not.
That I would like to see patched correctly like in NCAA.

Also another item that should be on the fix list is progressively deteriorating fields.
I am not sure why it was in there then taken out, back in, and back out again, but I would love to see it in there EA. Yes, I love NCAA and think it would add a ton to a game that is great already to have the field thing in there.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »