Home

Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

• Part 1: How Brett Favre's return impacted the Vikings team ratings | Fans reactions to Game Flow technology
  • Part 2: Hard core gamers reactions to Game Flow | NFL players reactions to player ratings
  • Part 3: NFL players involvement in game design | Why Gus Johnson was chosen to be voice of Madden NFL 11 | Could NCAA Football 11 team beat a middle of the road Madden NFL 11 team | How working on Madden NFL 11 changes the way designers watch NFL games
  • Part 4: Why the NFL considers the EA Sports Madden design team to be the 33rd NFL franchise | What's in-store for Madden NFL 12

Source - ESPN - Let if Flo
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Ha the 33rd Franchise because they have so much access to the NFL? I wish they would use more of that access holy crap.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I like Madden, especially this year. But the best video game ever?? C'mon ESPN. Have you guys even SEEN The Show?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10
Promises, promises.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

This interview seems more like a 20 minute ad for Madden.

However, I wasn't too pleased hearing that EA thinks graphics and ratings are the most important issues for gamers [with no mentioning of gameplay]. Plus the fact that Phil mentions that half the gamers liked the vision cone, but doesn't elaborate on why they decided to discontinue the feature, when so many people liked it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3
I thought the vision cone was great. It was the only way to mimic a defender watching the qb's eyes as far as a video game is concerned not to mention what it did for quarterback play. I just played Madden 07 on my ps2 and was amazed at how much next gen lacks compared to it. Not as many uniform options, the colors on the ps2 are more accurate do i even have to mention injured reserve? I just dont get it.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Fraizier Madden NFL 11 Senior Producer on finding the balance between hardcore and casual
A big part of the job aswell is that we are bringing in new folks to the audience because we want to continue to grow the business. That's a very big challenge and you know when you look at the job of a designer that's one of the hardest things we have to manage. You know it's very easy for us to go in there and try and replicate the NFL with features like restricted free agency in franchise mode or just alot of little things that most people don't fully understand, we can put all that stuff in the game but the question we ultimately have to ask ourselves, is it fun?
So they could easily add features the sim players want but don't because casuals might not find them fun. Alot of sim players didn't buy Madden 11 because they didn't find the new arcade features fun. Yet they constantly tell us they are trying to make a sim game. If they don't find RFA fun then they can just sim past it!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
So they could easily add features the sim players want but don't because casuals might not find them fun. Alot of sim players didn't buy Madden 11 because they didn't find the new arcade features fun. Yet they constantly tell us they are trying to make a sim game. If they don't find RFA fun then they can just sim past it!
I agree... They still don't get it!! EA had a guy that was the head of their hockey division who made a very similar comment, something like if they made a realistic game it wouldn't be fun. Guess what he got canned!! bye bye Phil

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »