Home

Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Oh, and i said it when the game first came out that they would spit out their stupid little stats that say how successfull gameflow was.. duh its new everyone who has the game is gonna try it. Lets see what your stats say in the middle of November.
I'll be keeping those stats up in the middle of November and so will many more people.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Re: Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
These interviewers never ask these guys any hard questions about the game and why consumers arent happy with features.
Do you really think ESPN knows that consumers aren't happy with features. They know that people are still buying the game and that is probably about all they know.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #19
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

The comment Phil Frazier made about RFA being easy to add but not being "fun" was like a kick in the nuts to any longtime football gamer, myself included. Wow. Talk about being out of touch on that ...

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Really? A gimmick that works? Imagine that?
gameflow is actually really fun if you set up your gameplan

not to mention its a step in the right way when it comes to realism
Old 08-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
These interviewers never ask these guys any hard questions about the game and why consumers arent happy with features.
exactly.. this is yet just another staged interview with pre-approved softball sized questions teed up for the Madden Dev team.
Nothing real or genuine about these EA infomercials whatsoever.
They have yet to be held accountable for the lack of progress in this game.

I always get a kick out of Donny Moore's title of "Ratings Czar".. its so ridiculous.
They are so far out of touch its just crazy..

Last edited by boooey; 08-23-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Sorry, I should have used the sarcasm smiley.

I love game planning and will use it a lot.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
The comment Phil Frazier made about RFA being easy to add but not being "fun" was like a kick in the nuts to any longtime football gamer, myself included. Wow. Talk about being out of touch on that ...
+1. That comment was very disappointing.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #24
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Phil Frazier is not out of touch, I promise you that.

A lot of what EA is saying lately is being taken in the worst way possible. When someone at EA says "franchise mode is boring", as Ian said in an interview, he means Madden's franchise mode is boring. He's acknowledging that it's not where it needs to be. What Phil was talking about was making the processes that come with Franchise Mode fun rather than a series of spreadsheets.

Having played through several season in NFL Head Coach 09, it is VERY hard to go back to traditional franchise modes that are nothing but spreadsheet management. I don't care what game you're talking about... MLB The Show, NHL... it's all just spreadsheet management. NFL Head Coach found a new way to present it too you, and it made a huge difference. This is the sort of thing Phil is talking about.

If they added every possible feature and made the logic perfect but kept the current structure, I'd be extremely disappointed. It's just old, stale, boring, and just like every other franchise mode in existence. NFL Head Coach 09 Career mode + Madden NFL 12 gameplay would be revolutionary.

Personally, I am pretty impressed by how much Phil has improved in interviews since last year. It's not really natural for him. I think he'd rather stay in the background and let Ian and Donny do the talking (actually, I think Donny's the only one that really likes doing public interviews, because he's the only real extrovert on the team). Phil doesn't seem to me to be the attention seeking type, and I think he's just rather be working than talking about work.

I am pretty sure Ian doesn't like it. I get the sense that he's acutely aware of how his words are going to be dissected here. Mike Young is so soft spoken, and he's like that in real life, so it's hard to say how he feels about it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-23-2010 at 11:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »