Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch #2 Information

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch #2 Information within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: UFC Undisputed 10 To Get 2nd Patch

I didn't play 2009 but I really like 2010, which given it's a fighting game is rare for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: UFC Undisputed 10 To Get Another Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late. September ??????? Please most people will be playing Mafia 2 and Halo Reach then. And I noticed they didn't say anything about the submissions, Flash KO's, stamina, etc.
mafia 2 for sure
waiting for ea mma in october too
Old 08-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I didn't play 2009 but I really like 2010, which given it's a fighting game is rare for me.
I know you probably didn't mean it the way I'm about to interpret it...

That's the point, this isn't supposed to be a fighting game. But that's exactly what it feels like, deadly hook fatality's. No strategy in this game whatsoever. Played SB in 2009 and it just felt great. Chess match.

This game....pffft.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah that basically sums up UFC 2010......a sports game that got changed to a fighting game. Hence why sweeps from the bottom were removed, slams out of submissions removed. pretty much the whole ground game got neutered. Which left a player with nothing but the stand up.

And the stand up got butchered too. It was nothing but a who can KO the other guy 1st within the 1st 2 minutes of the fight type of game. Because if you landed more then 3 clean shots on a guy to the head, he would be KO'ed. Didn't matter what your player stand up rating was at all.

Because I KO'ed the strongest stand up guys with the weakest guys who couldn't KO people in real life in this game.

The beauty of 09 was that everybody was different. People didn't have moves outside of their discipline. In 2010 everybody got the same moves. Got wrestlers doing judo throws and americanas. BJJ guys doing suplexes and shooting double legs, along with the ability to KO people in the stand up game.

It is like how many BJJ guys in the UFC have a good stand up game also ? Not many. But with how easy you were able to KO people with BJJ fighters in 2010, if I was new to UFC I would think BJJ fighters were former pro boxers.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
ink
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch #2 Information

Well, they really screwed the pooch on release when any submission expert would tap you out if he stared at you too long.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
If they fix the "Rule of 3", I will re-buy the game used. If not, I won't buy 11 until someone confirms it isn't in the game.

The single biggest letdown of the game for me.
Very novice MMA person and played UFC 2009 more like a boxing game/head kick game due to a poor understanding of the controls. What is the "Rule of 3" and is anything good about it to buy on a later date.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Very novice MMA person and played UFC 2009 more like a boxing game/head kick game due to a poor understanding of the controls. What is the "Rule of 3" and is anything good about it to buy on a later date.
Rule of 3 is spamming transition attempts against the CPU 3 times and it's an automatic transition. There's also a rare chance the CPU will reverse you but more times than not you can get to mount in seconds by spamming transitions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Update 9/1/2010: There has been some interest in offline bug fixes planned for the patch, so I will confirm a few fixes in the works along with their current status. This is not our complete list of offline fixes, so expect more to come.
  • Fixed - Occasionally fighters become locked in the Muay Thai clinch until the end of the round.
  • Fixed - In rare instances, WFA fighters will appear instead of UFC fighters who are coming out of retirement in Career mode.
  • Fixed - Also in rare cases, fighters are awarded the same score following a Career match but the ruling is Unanimous Decision.
  • In Test - Fighters sometimes become stuck matching against fighters from the wrong weight division when changing weight divisions during the Career.
  • Fixed - Add Camera Shake during charged submissions, allowing players to be aware of an opponent charging a sub without relying on Stamina Bars.
-Sway
Wow.....Anybody else got the feeling this patch isn't going to come out until EA MMA retail game comes out ? If so that would be a full 5 months since UFC Undisputed came out.

Makes no sense I swear. I guess THQ don't realize if you don't fix your game in a timely manner, most people will trade your game back in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »