Home

NHL 11 Blog: Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency - It's in the Game!

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Blog: Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency - It's in the Game! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
Rookie

Tommy Boy's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Eh...not last year.

In NHL 10 you had to turn the Cap off if you didn't want to see star FA's rotting in the FA pool.
I remember it happening in previous years but last years FA Pools were RIDICULOUS

As someone who played 5+ seasons in last years Be a Gm this is a VERY welcome addition as I wait (Kind of impatiently) for some sort of online dynasty for me and my friends I'm not a big lobby guy as I like to play within the spirit of real hockey and as a lot of people can attest Lobby games tend to be win at all costs, I avoid glitches and exploits and I guess that's my prerogative but most of my friends do as well so I enjoy those games far more
Old 08-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39
Wow this seems like a really deep addition..Kudos
Old 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 11 Blog: Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency - It's in the Game!

If I have to play an 82 game season this is a feature I may only see once or maybe never . Its nice they added it though. Still hoping for custom season length 20/42/82 and Online Multiplayer BeAGM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

If the CPU AI off-season and in season non-playing logic can be fixed, this new feature has a chance to be the offline dynasty players splooge feature..

I hope that it is done correctly and cannot be manipulated.

I look forward to seeing how this plays out..
Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #13
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK

Still wondering what the big announcement regarding GM mode is as well, I doubt this was it, we knew this stuff was gonna be in this year.
Boy I don't know about it being anything else Realmk.

Brian seems to say that RFA, IS the "Big announcement" Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. But that's what I got out of it.

But anyway...I like this addition, anything that adds depth to the franchise [GM mode] I'm all in favor of. As long as it's done correctly. I was kinda shaky about understanding all the fiance, cap room, etc in the '10' game. So I've really got some learning to do.

The best thing of all imo is, the continuing commitment to NHL's off-line franchise mode by EA . They seem to understand just how important the off-line features still are to many of us.

Last edited by Vikes1; 08-25-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Certain guys at EA have to be ashamed of their titles when they see the quality of work being done by the NHL dev team..This is how you do franchise/dynasty!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
If I have to play an 82 game season this is a feature I may only see once or maybe never .
I'm always glad to see others bring this up.

The more people that mention how important a custom season length is to them...hopefully we'll get it. I'm still hoping we get it this year.

For a person who hates simming, it's such a drag to have a great franchise mode you can only hope to get through 1 to maybe 2 seasons. Myself, I'm hoping to at least get a 41/82 option. Imo...the 41 game option works well. To me, it'd be great if you played your division rivals 4 times per season, and then the remaining teams once. 16+25=41.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 22

Wow, after reading that, I currantly have the best headache I've ever had in my life. Simply amazing, I can't wait for this game to come out. As a matter of fact I think I'm going to Cryogenically freeze my self so that time seems to go by instantaniously. Just hope when I wake up it's not 500 years in the future.

One more thing, and maybe Qb can let us know one way or another. But with all these additions to BEaGM, and all the CBA, and financial stuff, they've added this year, I wonder if they did what The Show did and have an in game guide that discribes all of the rules in detail to you. Afterall a lot of this stuff is like a foreign language.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 08-24-2010 at 08:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »