Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Real AI

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Real AI within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: REAL AI in NBA ELITE 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
The AI stuff sounds good; however, (and I hate to be "that guy" but I feel I must mention this) what were your thoughts about the two dunks at about the 1:10 mark and the defenders reaction when Durant drove past him and dunked it?

This is all still work in progress, but we're coming up on the release of the demo and the release date for the full game will be here before too much longer. I'm not going to hit the panic button or anything, but I'll be keeping a watchful eye on upcoming videos to see if these types of things start happening less frequently.
Yea that part looked pretty ugly but I'm going to hope things like that will be toned down on the higher difficulties or through sliders. Last year had some similar issues but some slider or rating adjustments did the trick.

The default rosters for EA have always been suspect so I'm not all that optimistic about it so we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

The thought behind this stuff is nice but man it sure looks ugly. I can't stand those animations. Especially the durant dunk over Kaman. Wheres the physics? He's just sliding backwards
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I don't really get how this works?

So will I see Durant try to pull off the same recorded sequence every game?

Sounds alright, I'm just not sure how it works
I believe its a way for the dev team to replicate a players moves or tendencies on the court. So maybe at certain spots on the floor (like the wing) Durant will do the jab, pumpfake, and drive.

It'll add some individuality to the CPU because now the players will actually be doing certain moves. For example Melo loves to use the jab step on certain parts of the floor so now with this real-AI he will.

Where as last year they had his tendency to just go left, right, spot up, etc. Now they have actual moves for the AI to use. So it should get rid of a lot of the genericness that was in Live 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

So this is layered in with the DNA feature?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

so whats the difference between the scripted sequences and canned animation? I know they sound different, but dont quite understand it!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I believe its a way for the dev team to replicate a players moves or tendencies on the court. So maybe at certain spots on the floor (like the wing) Durant will do the jab, pumpfake, and drive.

It'll add some individuality to the CPU because now the players will actually be doing certain moves. For example Melo loves to use the jab step on certain parts of the floor so now with this real-AI he will.

Where as last year they had his tendency to just go left, right, spot up, etc. Now they have actual moves for the AI to use. So it should get rid of a lot of the genericness that was in Live 10.
Ohh, yea that does make sense, especially the part about certain areas of the court. That would be cool if they included player specific AI post moves do, like how Yao loves jumphooks, and Dwight with that running hook.

I get it now, thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah I'm in the group that's a little confused by this. Are these in place of tendencies or DNA? So KD gets the ball at the top of the key and one of his pre-recorded sequences is to jab, pump fake and then go to the rim. Isn't that what DNA is supposed to do? They sound sort of scripted I guess, we'll have to see it in action.

Also, how in-depth are these going to be? I'm afraid that only the Top 20 or so players in the league will have these play-back sequences.

I'm glad EA is doing something new at least for player differential, DNA is a mess IMO. I wish they'd scrap it altogether. Like some things in technology, it's a great idea in theory but just can't be executed as hoped.

Hopefully BF can comment with some more details.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #16
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Is this '"scripted physics"? -coined by me. Kaman just slides back in 1 part of the vid when KD does the scripted moveset.. oiy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »