Home

NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde)

Gamersyde has posted a second NBA 2K11 HD video, also captured at 60fps.

Quote:
Quite a few people asked us for more videos of NBA 2K11, so here is a new one, still at 60 fps, with maybe more to come if you ask nicely.
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K11 Demo: HD Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde)

The CPU's offensive AI is out of this friggen world and it's only a demo. CH2K8 is the only other basketball game where the AI is so good that it actually makes me chuckle because they make so many heady, great basketball decisions. This vid looks very similar in that regard. I mean the CPU is wasting no time, not BS'ing, etc. Hitting the open man, attacking driving lanes, etc. The CPU's offense seriously looks real - it's damn near perfect.

Only bad thing was the block at the one minute mark, not even sure what happens there.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Am I the only one that saw all those deflections !!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

nice find off to watch!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, that block was a bit odd. Wade's forward momentum suddenly disappeared

Also, I hope that sequence at the end with Miller and Haywood wasn't canned. Hopefully, Haywood had to have actually jumped (instead of being sucked into jumping), making Miller alter his shot in that manner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strekedesire
Yeah, that block was a bit odd. Wade's forward momentum suddenly disappeared

Also, I hope that sequence at the end with Miller and Haywood wasn't canned. Hopefully, Haywood had to have actually jumped (instead of being sucked into jumping), making Miller alter his shot in that manner.
That block and the animation with Dirk & Anthony (?) at :31 are prime examples of animations I despise in basketball games.

On a lighter note, next time I get in a run, i'm going to try that move Wade did (drive left, turnaround left hander) just to see if it gets off even once. You'd think that would get blocked every time.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The CPU's offensive AI is out of this friggen world and it's only a demo. CH2K8 is the only other basketball game where the AI is so good that it actually makes me chuckle because they make so many heady, great basketball decisions. This vid looks very similar in that regard. I mean the CPU is wasting no time, not BS'ing, etc. Hitting the open man, attacking driving lanes, etc. The CPU's offense seriously looks real - it's damn near perfect.

Only bad thing was the block at the one minute mark, not even sure what happens there.
True that man the AI is looking great in these vids!!

These users are killing me though. No playcalling and a lot of silly passes, you would think they would catch onto the fact that passing angles are important lol!

And even when he made a good play the one where he hit Marion in the corner for the open shot he still decides to pass it. And cross court I might add.

I think I'm done with these gamescom vids, I just want to see someone that understands a little bit about the game of basketball lol
Old 08-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
True that man the AI is looking great in these vids!!

These users are killing me though. No playcalling and a lot of silly passes, you would think they would catch onto the fact that passing angles are important lol!

And even when he made a good play the one where he hit Marion in the corner for the open shot he still decides to pass it. And cross court I might add.

I think I'm done with these gamescom vids, I just want to see someone that understands a little bit about the game of basketball lol
they didnt have that available for the demo...thats the first thing i asked DaWolf if he ran some plays...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »