Home

NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Demo: HD Footage From Gamescom #2 (Gamersyde)

did you guys notice that dirk nowitzki is the ONLY one on the mavericks wearing pure black shoes that look to be the generic shoe? I find that quite peculiar..
Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Damn that looks sweet. Everything is real smooth. One thing that I noticed in all the vids is when someone grabs an offensive rebound or has a dunk it doesn't look strong. It doesn't have that snap or something, I don't have the right word for it but, it doesn't flow like everything else does.

Anyone know what I'm trying to say here?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

I liked the video, but a few things stood out (some already mentioned):

- LOVED all the off the ball movement at :30. That is what is going to make the Offensive AI so tough to defend
- Not too bugged by the Anthony/Dirk interaction. That seems like something Dirk would do: go straight up to defend, but not commit a foul
- I know (I think DaWolf) mentioned it in his long post about coach settings meaning something, so I'm hoping that's what happened at :50. Joel Anthony doesn't really crash the board, which he should be doing as a center. Even Bosh makes more of an attempt and that's after defending Dirk's shot
- The block shot on Wade is one of those canned animation type things that somewhat annoy me.
- That shot by Wade looked a little odd to go off with the left hand like he did. Not necessarily a bad move in that situation, I just wish he had gone up with his dominant hand there. Rolling to the right, yet going up with his left just looked weird.
- Loved the Mike Miller lay-up at the end. Very nice to see him alter his shot to make Haywood go by after the block attempt.
- Can we please stop the black shoes with white socks? I had to watch this video twice just because Dirk was annoying me with that

I liked their first video more, and just wish they would release all they have instead of this "if you ask nicely" stuff. Overall, this game looks so beautiful in motion and can't wait to see more like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
they didnt have that available for the demo...thats the first thing i asked DaWolf if he ran some plays...
Ok that makes sense 2K has never included full plays in demo's anyway don't know why I thought otherwise.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm not one of "those" people that complained about high layups, but seeing a high layup on that particular one Miller did make the play seem more like a luck play to me.

And, I don't know, seems like once the ball bounces off the rim things slowed down. Not framerate wise, so to speak, just...I don't know.

Eh.

Still, this is as smooth as the Kool cigarette brand.

Edit: BTW, seeing luck plays in a video game ain't exactly a bad thing now that I think about it. Problem is how often will it happen?

Last edited by Eman5805; 08-26-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

Let's ask them for more 60fps vids, nicely.

And yes I know that Mike have said that they addressed this but I really hope 2K have already fixed those high banking shots. Every single play, we get to see those annoying shots.

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments

Last edited by domidomdomz; 08-26-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
I'm not one of "those" people that complained about high layups, but seeing a high layup on that particular one Miller did make the play seem more like a luck play to me.

And, I don't know, seems like once the ball bounces off the rim things slowed down. Not framerate wise, so to speak, just...I don't know.

Eh.

Still, this is as smooth as the Kool cigarette brand.

Edit: BTW, seeing luck plays in a video game ain't exactly a bad thing now that I think about it. Problem is how often will it happen?
The high lay-ups was fixed Sat not an issue anymore well I hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Pretty sure the developers said that the high layups are already fixed in the initial Gamescom video thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »