Home

NBA 2K11 Videos: Bulls vs. Blazers w/ Doris Burke Commentary (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Videos: Bulls vs. Blazers w/ Doris Burke Commentary (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2 gamespot segments from GS. (shows some classic commentary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Some observations:
-Ad boards seem the same in every mode.. HP doing their thing in '91
-HOME UP and AWAY UP sounds seem to be the same or nearly identical to last year. Was that even around in '91? (if I hear some random sound bit that wasnt even around in 92, im gonna lose it (okay not really)

As I suspected, the level of detail ends with player likeiness, jerseys, court logos, and tendencies...

The true nitpicker will be in hell with this series. Luckily, Im on the other side

Also noticed in this vid, that jordan dunk shouldve been an instance where he was all by himself. 2Ks catchup ai at it again???
I'd imagine it's a tough balance. On one side, 2K probably wants to go major authentic in every regard. But maybe at some point it really would have been at the expense of other things; maybe it would have taken too much time to go the extra extra mile for this mode. It appears they still made huge leaps in every other aspect of the game and I'm not attempting to sound like an apologist, I'm just suspecting things. They seemed to have gone so far above and beyond, maybe there was a point where it really became "Do we continue with every tiny detail of this Jordan Challenge or do we address some more current art issues?"

I love me some classic NBA basketball but it's about to become an "ignorance is bliss" situation for me real quick here. I would have never thought twice about the midcourt line running through the Bulls logo for instance, had Aloncho not just brought it up. Though, I do think the court looks a little white.

And not that it really matters, but Jordan looked about even, if not behind the last defender when he caught that outlet pass on the dunk. I'm not sure if he necessarily would have been all by himself there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
I assumed it's death related. There's still time to add him if things are simply being delayed due to getting things OK'd from the family. If not....atleast 6/10 people picking up this game will be oblivious to it. A kid on the 2K board was complaining that this is totally unauthentic because Jordan should have hair and posted a video of the 1986 Blazers-Bulls game where Jordan scored 53. Even more so than not watching the shrug game live, he was completely unaware of what the shrug game was. Some times I forget the fact that most people playing this game were not even born before 1992, haha.
I've been a defender of our youth throughout this process so I guess I'll continue that trend now. The fellow you mentioned appears to have some sort of gap where his general NBA knowledge should be. I was born in the 80's but I know Wilt dropped 100 points, not 93. Point being, there's a lot of youngsters out there that still hold MJ in high regard and are more than familiar with the history of the game despite being born after particular historically occurances occur. My brothers, born in '96 and '98, are just two examples (well informed about the likes of MJ, Rick Barry, Shawn Kemp, etc). It's just a shame there's other guys out there giving the youngin's a bad name.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-27-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
I assumed it's death related. There's still time to add him if things are simply being delayed due to getting things OK'd from the family. If not....atleast 6/10 people picking up this game will be oblivious to it. A kid on the 2K board was complaining that this is totally unauthentic because Jordan should have hair and posted a video of the 1986 Blazers-Bulls game where Jordan scored 53. Even more so than not watching the shrug game live, he was completely unaware of what the shrug game was. Some times I forget the fact that most people playing this game were not even born before 1992, haha.
It's weird because 2K1 on the Dreamcast was the first 2K game to have historic players. And one of them was Wilt Chamberlain who died in 1999.

I wonder if his relatives gave 2K permission.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
It's weird because 2K1 on the Dreamcast was the first 2K game to have historic players. And one of them was Wilt Chamberlain who died in 1999.

I wonder if his relatives gave 2K permission.
I've always been interested in the specifics of how retired player rights worked. My assumption for players who passed away has been that their rights would indeed be handled by relatives. As such, one set of relatives (Wilt's) may be just as likely to O.K. a video game appearance as another family (perhaps Kevin Duckworth's) may not. Either way, if Kevin is not available, I'd edit him in - in his honor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey guys once again if you are interested in seeing these videos on youtube, i have provided that in case anyone ever wants it or asks about it. Hope you guys enjoy

Video #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiPODaHYNx4

Video #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11C8UVhKJA

My youtube channel where you can find various nba 2k11 videos, both official and edited. E.g. my known side by side comparison and highlight videos.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #13
Rookie

I'm loving the commentary content so far. The only major thing they didn't seem to capture is that if you listen to those old early 90's Finals games, the announcers like Fratello and Magic are literally YELLING because the crowd is SO LOUD. There's this "franticness" and "pandemonium" element that I doubt Clark Kellog was able to capture. But the content seems to be straight pulls from the actual game.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Commentary sounds great! It feels more like an actual game commentary (probably because it was an actual game haha). I'm sure it'd get repetitive on repeated playings of each individual challenge - but these are games that already happened, so it won't bother me so much for that reason. I mean, if you go watch the actual game, the commentary is still the same, obviously

Really impressed with this so far, I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I hope they release some sort of demo with one Jordan Challenge. I'd play that way too much leading up to the game's release.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #15
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll be the first to admit I have NO perspective on this, I'm 23. During most of Jordan's career if something on TV wasn't animated, on PBS, or a movie in the VCR that was animated, I didn't watch it. I didn't even know who Michael Jordon was until Space Jam came out. So the only moments I really even know of are the The Flu game in '97 and his last hurrah against the Jazz in '98, cuz I distinctly remember watching them.

Still, I'm looking forward to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 01:33 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjames
I hope they release some sort of demo with one Jordan Challenge. I'd play that way too much leading up to the game's release.
If I was 2K I'd be like "Here's Lakers-Celtics. But if you want to play the GOAT, get them 6 Hamiltons ready along with tightening your jockey strap for this one."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »