Home

NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #3 (Gamersyde)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #3 (Gamersyde) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #3 (Gamersyde)

Gamersyde has posted their third and final NBA 2K11 HD video, also captured at 60fps.

Quote:
"Since we are in a good mood, here is the last part of our video footage of NBA 2K11, the last chance you have to understand why I should never have touched the controller that day."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom #3 (Gamersyde)

Man, the game looks so good in HD!!! The step-back jumper by LeBron was beautiful! The block by Dirk was a bit weird, and LBJ's seond jumper (the one he missed) looked great to me.

Thanks for posting!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

No problem. Still, the guy playing is really awful. Not even a shot at the buzzer?

I've seen those blocks in a couple different videos (Gamescom, Gamespot) and I'd prefer they not be in the final. Though now that I know the PC version controls have been fixed I'm getting the game regardless.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

canimation blocks just don't look good..Thought they'd look a littlem ore natural this year. Oh well. Everything else looked really good.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 08-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lebron's shot looks beautiful. Seemed liked the cpu missed a few passing oppourtunities and when lebron caught that pass with just Haywood to beat on the break, it was weird he didn't attck the rim. And yea Dirk's block looked a little weird. But overall great. Love LBJ's step back J to create space
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Another great video, and some pointers from myself:

+ Love the triple threat stuff with Marion at about :16. Even better D from the fast LeBron to stay right in front of Marion and make him pick up his dribble
+ That whole stepback jumper by LeBron at :25 was a thing of beauty. Nice little, simple cross to his left to start. Great stepback and I LOVED the collision detection with Kidd, knocking Kidd back to give himself even more room
+ Just love all the defense on the dribble, from Miller getting in front of Butler forcing him to lose the ball, and Butler staying in front of James, stopping his momentum and making him pick up the ball
+ The Dirk block looked like one of those canimation blocks, but didn't seem out of place

- This has bugged me a few times. At 1:36 with the Kidd shot, NO ONE blocks out Dirk at the bottom. I know the rebound isn't by him, but still that's weird. Bosh is on him, then moves out to the front of the rim behind Miller like he already knows it's missing in that direction

Outside of that, just love how the game plays. Very smooth and beautiful. Just wish we could get some competent players behind the sticks
Old 08-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Lebron's shot looks beautiful. Seemed liked the cpu missed a few passing oppourtunities and when lebron caught that pass with just Haywood to beat on the break, it was weird he didn't attck the rim. And yea Dirk's block looked a little weird. But overall great. Love LBJ's step back J to create space
The user was spazzing out on defense so much it confused the AI. Couldn't tell if someone was open or not lol!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
No problem. Still, the guy playing is really awful. Not even a shot at the buzzer?

I've seen those blocks in a couple different videos (Gamescom, Gamespot) and I'd prefer they not be in the final. Though now that I know the PC version controls have been fixed I'm getting the game regardless.
what do you mean? as I'm planning on buying the pc version for the first time..you mean triggers and bumpers being the same as in x360 version and not the other way round? thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »